🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Has the coronavirus outbreak impacted you at all?

Started by
83 comments, last by Tom Sloper 3 years, 11 months ago

fleabay said:

deltaKshatriya said:
There are a fair number of people who would survive with ventilator support, but won't now because there aren't enough ventilators to go around.

80% of NYC's coronavirus patients who are put on ventilators ultimately die, and some doctors are trying to stop using them

20% surviving is still a large amount of people. They may not be a panacea, but if doctors turn to use a supply, and do not have said enough of supply during this crisis, then that is a failure of the administration. This isn't a political issue. Doctors have reported critical shortages of ventilators, along with a whole lot of other supplies.

I don't think it's fair to call this solely a “political issue”. If it's reported that there is a critical shortage of supplies, no matter how effective they are, then they should be supplied. Ultimately, yea, if we can avoid having to choose who gets what supplies, then that would be a far better scenario then having to choose in the first place.

I could go on into my thoughts on how our admin has handled this crisis, but what's the point? I see little point in a discussion on that, personally.

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Advertisement

deltaKshatriya said:
This isn't a political issue.

deltaKshatriya said:
I could go on into my thoughts on how our admin has handled this crisis, but what's the point? I see little point in a discussion on that, personally.

deltaKshatriya said:
I don't think it's fair to call this solely a “political issue”.

Quit bringing it up then.

🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂<←The tone posse, ready for action.

fleabay said:

deltaKshatriya said:
This isn't a political issue.

deltaKshatriya said:

deltaKshatriya said:
I don't think it's fair to call this solely a “political issue”.

Quit bringing it up then.

Fine. We both leave it be then.

deltaKshatriya said:
We both leave it be then.

I haven't said anything political to start with. You keep insinuating for some damn reason.

Next you'll be telling the old joke, “do you still beat your wife?”

🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂<←The tone posse, ready for action.

I made a huge mistake by replying to this topic. Now I'm getting an email for every new reply and I cannot unsubscribe.

That said, I have to stay inside unless I have a reason to go outside. And working as a developer from home I have no reason, which means I'm de facto imprisoned even though de jure I'm not. I can go buy groceries but I avoid doing that and buy the things I need once every 2-3 weeks. So I haven't left the house in the past 3 weeks.

I usually go outside and drive somewhere once in a while to clear my head but since I can't do that now it makes it much harder to work for longer periods and I have problems staying focused.

fleabay said:

deltaKshatriya said:
We both leave it be then.

I haven't said anything political to start with. You keep insinuating for some damn reason.

Next you'll be telling the old joke, “do you still beat your wife?”

It seems there's been a misunderstanding between us. My apologies if you felt that I was insinuating anything. I wasn't trying to insinuate anything, nor was I trying to argue with you. I was only expressing my thoughts on the initial article you posted. As I said before, I don't think it's fair of the article to call this solely a political issue.

By leave it be I meant to say that we can stop posting about this. I was not trying to insinuate anything here, and my apologies if you felt that way.

I hope that clears up any misunderstandings. And, once more, let's just move on.

Beosar said:
I made a huge mistake by replying to this topic. Now I'm getting an email for every new reply and I cannot unsubscribe.

This seems to be a big issue. I wonder if the mods can comment on how to unsubscribe. Have you tried using the hide button?

Am bored from unsuccessful bug hunting.

Hey guys, are we still as many as we were a month ago ? :-/

Background info on the virus and its side effects is best taken from the scientific journals. Less pictures, more text :-)

They did a study in Heinsberg county in Germany and found that 15% had been infected and the mortality rate was 0.37%. I guess it would have been higher if we had allowed it to spread more and consequently couldn't treat all patients.

I was hospitalized but thankfully it was Influenza B. As far as game development, it's been pretty crappy dealing with unemployment.

None

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement