🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Has the coronavirus outbreak impacted you at all?

Started by
83 comments, last by Tom Sloper 3 years, 11 months ago

fleabay said:

deltaKshatriya said:
It’s just pure panic.

I was attempting to be funny. ? Impacted is a lesser known way of saying severely constipated.

Haha, I completely missed that!

swiftcoder said:

My whole office is on mandatory work-from-home - didn't even get a chance to go into the office to pickup gear before they locked everything down. All the conferences for the next few months cancelled… It's a lot of disruption.

Outside of work, the supermarkets are a bit threadbare around Seattle, and it's the first time I've ever seen the streets completely empty of cars, but otherwise everything seems to be kind of normal. Cafes are still open, apartment buildings are still staffed, deliveries are still being made, etc.

That sounds extreme but not super extreme I guess? Seems like New York is headed the same way too. A state of emergency was recently declared in NY.

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Advertisement

Not at all, axept for panic spread by the media

We just had the first few cases reported around here lately and it seems like last weekend was the first that anyone tried to wrap their head around anything. Part of the problem is, everyone is just getting over the flu that was going around before this whole thing started. So, if you just go by the symptoms you're supposed to watch out for, I would guess 50% or more of the population would be expected to stay home. I can work from home easily enough if there's a need to but I'm concerned about people with jobs where that's not an option.

I live in Paris and I can't go to my school because of it.

All the stores are sold out of toilet paper and the shelves are completely empty even though authorities are saying there’s no need to stock up and that it’s under control. This is in canada

kseh said:

We just had the first few cases reported around here lately and it seems like last weekend was the first that anyone tried to wrap their head around anything. Part of the problem is, everyone is just getting over the flu that was going around before this whole thing started. So, if you just go by the symptoms you're supposed to watch out for, I would guess 50% or more of the population would be expected to stay home. I can work from home easily enough if there's a need to but I'm concerned about people with jobs where that's not an option.

Yea many are saying the number of cases is probably way higher than we know, since it looks a lot like the flu.

Parts of NYC are now in lockdown, with the national guard deployed. Everyone is being told to remote in. It’s gotten pretty intense…

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!

I got a sale from China from someone who said he had time to play because schools are closed, so it has affected me technically.

They are starting to issue undefined warnings and suspend huge events here on La Palma island. There were a few cases on Tenerife, a hotel was isolated.

I have a butt spa so i won't panic if we're out of toilet paper :-)

Apart from that, no, i have not yet been affected. But i observe with some Schadenfreude the partial and temporary popping of huge economical bubble …

School to close here the evening, meaning kids at home, and a hard time working…

-* So many things to do, so little time to spend. *-

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement