🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Has the coronavirus outbreak impacted you at all?

Started by
83 comments, last by Tom Sloper 3 years, 10 months ago

I'm sure that many of us have been facing the impact of the coronavirus, with all the closings and lockdowns. Many officers are also telling workers to go remote. What's it looking like where you live? Here in the the US, it's mostly the West coast that's starting to clamp down hard, though it looks like that the rest of the country won't be far behind now.

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Advertisement

I couldn't get any medical disinfectant (wasn't getting it due to the virus) in the pharamcy because its currently all bough up, they couldn't even remotely tell me when its going to be available again. But other than that minor annoyance I haven't noticed anything here in austria personally.

My local Walmart was completely sold out of toilet paper. This is in Utah where there are only 2 confirmed cases and neither contracted it in the state. People need to calm down.

My current game project Platform RPG

We're also having issues with toilet paper supplies in Australia, even though there's no actual supply shortage or need for people to stockpile.

- Jason Astle-Adams

Toilet paper I’ve been hearing about as an issue everywhere. Also the east coast is getting more impacted now. Toilet paper is an odd thing to make a run on. I understand disinfectant though.

Here in Germany most People hoard noodles, toiletpaper and desinfectant.

We call those People "Hamsterkäufer" (eng.: Hamster-buyers) because they hoard stuff like a hamster.

I would think being impacted would require less toilet paper.

🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂<←The tone posse, ready for action.

fleabay said:

I would think being impacted would require less toilet paper.

It’s just pure panic. I‘ll bet that some dude went nuts after toilet paper, and others are like well he must know something I don’t, then they start buying. Then people start buying because they see shortages and don’t want to be left without toilet paper. So boom, we have toilet paper shortages getting worse.

deltaKshatriya said:
It’s just pure panic.

I was attempting to be funny. ? Impacted is a lesser known way of saying severely constipated.

🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂<←The tone posse, ready for action.

My whole office is on mandatory work-from-home - didn't even get a chance to go into the office to pickup gear before they locked everything down. All the conferences for the next few months cancelled… It's a lot of disruption.

Outside of work, the supermarkets are a bit threadbare around Seattle, and it's the first time I've ever seen the streets completely empty of cars, but otherwise everything seems to be kind of normal. Cafes are still open, apartment buildings are still staffed, deliveries are still being made, etc.

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement