🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

I want to create an arcade on Unity

Started by
8 comments, last by Veli-Matti Koskela 4 years, 6 months ago

Hi everyone! I've come up with a brilliant idea of a game app on Unity, which is quite creepy, though ?

I want an arcade, and the point of the game is that you're on top of a skyscraper and you want to commit a suicide and when you fall down, your body smashes and the organs fly out from the body and the further they get from your body - the more points you get, and while you're falling, there are lots of ways to make the organs fly farther.

So that's briefly and I haven't thought over all the features, but still, I want to get the ball rolling.

Can anyone here do this app for me? 

P.S.: No worries, I'm not crazy and if you can make such an app, or if you know anyone who can do it, I'll pay for the development ?

Advertisement

I would call that irresponsible. But even assuming it was successful with a particular crowd, as soon as the high ground caught wind of it, they would descend on it like no tomorrow until all involved were made examples of. Change it to water balloons or something truly brilliant. 

When I was quite a bit younger, my first and second 'brilliant' idea was quite a bit darker, so I'm not at all shocked by this. That doesn't make it any more right. You should be allowed the freedom to do as you wish, but as soon as you start to pull others into that hole, it becomes a different scenario. Truth is, the extreme opposite or too overly good-ie good-ie bothers me equally.

That is the best  I can do considering the forum you posted in. As for 'pay for development', that belongs elsewhere. 

Hi MarkK.! Thanks very much for your reply and opinion, I really appreciate it! You know, after I came up with this "brilliant" idea, some time passed and I'm totally not so sure right now that it's the application I want to have in mind... And if we take some app like "fruit ninja", but change details (substitute fruit for smth else, etc.), is it possible to make something like it? Is it possible on Unity? And what do I actually need to make such an app?

Would be grateful if you share your thoughts!

excellent. yes of course it's possible in Unity. Might even say, I'd recommend it. But now your thread has changed to how, which will get moved to a different board...beginners most likely, so I can't comment further in here. Hope to see you around.. good luck.

First of all, if you have thoughts about commiting suicide, please contact your local helpline, a family member or friend immediatly.

About the game idea. I think most of the sh**storm could be avaoided if you invert the condition for getting points. Make it a basejumper or something and you have to avoid obstacles on you way down. If you absolutly want to have the blood and gore ... make something not human jump.

And yes, Unity would be a good engine for a beginner.

6 hours ago, Veli-Matti Koskela said:

Can anyone here do this app for me? 

6 hours ago, Veli-Matti Koskela said:

I'll pay for the development

2 hours ago, Veli-Matti Koskela said:

is it possible to make something like it? Is it possible on Unity? And what do I actually need to make such an app?

Since you are rolling in cash, you can certainly find a developer to make your game for you. I recommend you use Wikipedia's list of video game developers. But it makes no sense for you (someone who knows next to nothing about game development) to dictate what engine your developer must use. Your experienced developer (whoever you hire) knows what engine to use. 

Yes, it's possible. What you actually need is a clearer idea of what you want to make, and a realistic approach. Whether you try to make a game yourself, or hire a developer to make it for you, you have a lot to learn about game development and the business side. 

Moving this rather unusual question to The Lounge.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Hi! Assuming that you’re not going to become a developer and you have quite a sum to develop this app, it’s probably better not to hire a freelancer as you’re not a tech guy. Check out this Unity game development company:

https://innowise-group.com/technologies/unity

Had worked with them, nice guys.

Good luck, pal.

Hi everyone! Thanks for advice I’ll have a thorough thinking about what to do.

Lian, thanks, will have a look at them.

P.S.: My mental health is in perfect state, thanks for taking such care.

Lian1982 said:

Hi! Assuming that you’re not going to become a developer and you have quite a sum to develop this app, it’s probably better not to hire a freelancer as you’re not a tech guy. Check out this Unity game development company:

https://innowise-group.com/technologies/unity

Had worked with them, nice guys.

Good luck, pal.

Lian, thanks, will have a look at them.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement