🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Should I drop my partner?

Started by
11 comments, last by Cacks 4 years, 11 months ago

I was in the exact same situation a few years ago: I was developing a game full time (I was coding and paying for contractors) on which a friend had given me good ideas, and input, but he wasn't producing much after that.

I was really afraid about breaking our friendship, but our "fuzzy" working relation was also endangering the game. 

I talked with him about it and told him it that a partnership was not really working, and that it would work better if I could pay him as a contractor for the work he already did.

He told me there was no problem, that he obviously didn't have that much time to contribute, and would be happy with me offering him dinner occasionnaly.

I am still working on the game, and still occasionaly ask him for input, and we are still very good friends. Maybe I was lucky, but I think being open in this kind of discussion really helps.

Advertisement

Change the game plot - make it about dropping partners & he might take the hint?

Reject the basic asumption of civialisation especially the importance of material possessions

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement