🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

What do you think about JAI

Started by
20 comments, last by Promit 5 years, 12 months ago

I googled Jai to see what kind of write-ups are currently available about it. First hit is a third party GitHub page with:

As of this writing there are no public compilers for Jai, so all information in this text is collated from his YouTube videos. Therefore nothing in this post is official. There may be information more up to date than what is available on this page. That said, I believe everything in this post to be up to date as of this writing.

Are you kidding me? Why are we even talking about this when there's no spec, no compiler, nothing except some unofficial write-ups fabricated from a freaking YouTube series?

At least most of the other languages du jour are functioning pieces of technology I can poke and prod. This is insanity. So to answer the OP's question, I think it's fine if you're enjoying JB's videos and talks about this, but to actually discuss it seriously doesn't even begin to make sense to me.

SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement