Advertisement

new nvidia drivers 1.0-2313 released

Started by November 29, 2001 10:03 PM
9 comments, last by Obelix 22 years, 10 months ago
From nvidia: Release Highlights for 1.0-2313: * nForce 220D/420/420D Integrated GPU support (see products supported list) * OpenGL® 1.3 with NVIDIA extensions * Support for accelerated offscreen rendering via SGIX_pbuffer and SGIX_fbconfig extensions * Improved Viewperf and Quake performance * Enhanced mobile support * Improved AMD support * Performer mulit-threaded support
Am I the only one who can never build the driver tarballs? This one has even added a new unresolved symbol to this list "snprintf" (alongside the normal 3 "__global*" ones and "tqueue_lock"). The solution I posted (for my own problem) last time doesn''t work ever since I reinstalled. I rebuilt all of my dependencies (and even modules for good measure) since that used to fix the problem for me, but it doesn''t anymore. I''ve been trying to keep myself from asking for help, but this thread finally made me do it . Well, if anyone happens to read this and has the NVidia drivers installed in Slackware 8.0, tell me .

[Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!]
Advertisement
I can never get them built either. They require modversions.h, which , oddly enough, I don''t seem to have even though my kernel supports LKMs.
I would get some type of RPM manager and rebuild the src.rpm''s. Sounds like you don''t have module support in your kernel. I constantly run into problems like that under Slack.
"There are two types of languages, those that everyone complains about, and those that no one uses."Standardized C++ LibrariesGamecron PC GamingA Christian Blog
quote: Original post by subnet_rx
I would get some type of RPM manager and rebuild the src.rpm''s. Sounds like you don''t have module support in your kernel. I constantly run into problems like that under Slack.

The source RPM''s don''t work either (I don''t remember the exact error). I do have module support in my kernel (I checked ). Other hardware''s drivers works fine (my soundcard, for example). I''ll probably recompile my kernel today and see if that fixes it (I somehow doubt it). Someday I''ll even try a newer kernel. The really annoying thing is that I used to be able to get them to work, but now not even the old versions work .

Ok, my new and improved solution to problems only I seem to have: rebuilt everything having to do with the kernel. No skipping steps either, or it won''t work . You might want to download a new kernel while you''re at it (I did, but I can''t get my network working with it, so I''m just using the rebuild of the original kernel).

Advertisement
Do you use the right kernel sources and headers?

Q: I can''t build the NVdriver kernel module, or I can build the NVdriver
kernel module, but modprobe/insmod fails to load the module into my
kernel. What''s wrong?

A: These problems are generally caused by the build using the wrong kernel
header files (ie header files for a different kernel version than the
one you are running). The convention used to be that kernel header files
should be stored in "/usr/include/linux/", but that is being deprecated
in favor of "/lib/modules/`uname -r`/build/include". The NVIDIA_kernel
Makefile should be able to determine the location on your system; however,
if you encounter a problem you can force the build to use certain header
files by doing: ''make SYSINCLUDE=/path/to/kernel/headers''. Obviously,
for any of this to work, you need the appropriate kernel header files
installed on your system. Consult the documentation that came with your
distribution; some distributions don''t install the kernel header files
by default, or they install headers that don''t coincide properly with
the kernel you are running.

Obelix, none of that was my problem, trust me . I went through the entire README numerous times. I even emailed them (a long long time ago), they didn''t answer. But, it works now, so I''m happy.

quote: Original post by Null and Void
Am I the only one who can never build the driver tarballs? This one has even added a new unresolved symbol to this list "snprintf" (alongside the normal 3 "__global*" ones and "tqueue_lock"). The solution I posted (for my own problem) last time doesn''t work ever since I reinstalled. I rebuilt all of my dependencies (and even modules for good measure) since that used to fix the problem for me, but it doesn''t anymore. I''ve been trying to keep myself from asking for help, but this thread finally made me do it . Well, if anyone happens to read this and has the NVidia drivers installed in Slackware 8.0, tell me .

snprintf is in stdio.h so there should not be problems with that.

what compiler and version you are using ?
Sweet, time to download!

The only "problem" I''ve ever had with the drivers is forgetting to recompile and install when I get a new kernel

rm -rf /bin/laden

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement