🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

[Introduction] Daniel Pink, solo developer

Started by
7 comments, last by L. Spiro 7 years, 2 months ago

Just introducing myself clear.png this seemed like the correct place to do so?

Anyway, I'm a 24 year old solo developer from Nottingham, England. I am primarily gameplay design, but of course being solo means I've had to take on all other roles too. I've only ever scratched the surface with engines such as Unity3D and Unreal - so far Gamemaker: Studio has served me well as I've only ever made 2D games for now. I have advanced knowledge of aspects of GML but still learning more and more as I go.

When it comes to audio I know programs such as Logic Pro, Max MSP and Pro Tools.

I'm currently working on a small game which I'm looking for some feedback on (which I'll post where it's appropriate) but thought it polite to introduce myself, meet and chat with people first. Looking forward to connecting with folks, learning with folks, and possibly collaborating with folks for future projects, of which I have many!

Write it down on your hand if you don't trust your head

Advertisement

Hi Daniel, welcome to the forums.

Do you know about the East Midlands Indies meetups? (https://twitter.com/EastMidsIndies , and there's a Facebook group too.) Next one is this Thursday, I think.

This... is very much in my interests. Thank you :) I'll get right on connecting on Facebook and Twitter. What can/should I expect to see/do/bring?

Write it down on your hand if you don't trust your head

It's an informal gathering (usually in a pub), so it's fine to just turn up to chat and have some beverages, but you could also take along current or past work, on a laptop, tablet, phone, handheld, whatever. I won't be at this one but will try and make it to May's.

Hello Daniel,
my name is Mando, I'm a Game Designer and Student from Berlin, and I just set up this account here 10 Minutes ago in order to meet some interesting game devs from around the globe.
Let me know if you want some feedback/consulting on your game.
Cheers
Welcome both of you! :)

- Jason Astle-Adams

Welcome both of you! :)

How nice of you. Thanks :)
Any advice on how to meet people on this site?
Just say hi and join any conversations you think you can contribute to.

You might also consider blogging, or joining our Discord chat (see chat link towards the upper right beneath the menu bar). :)

- Jason Astle-Adams

Hello Daniel.

I was just living in Nottingham in The Litmus Building. I wonder if you would have seen me around town.
I worked in the Nottingham One buildings. I could be found on the University of Nottingham campus each Tuesday evening, and at The National Videogame Arcade each Wednesday evening playing Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.
I would have been the ultra-handsome guy with blue or purple-and-blue hair.
15726964_10153988773976470_7398340501897

L. Spiro

I restore Nintendo 64 video-game OST’s into HD! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCtX_wedtZ5BoyQBXEhnVZw/playlists?view=1&sort=lad&flow=grid

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement