🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Well-Known Author Seeking Networking

Started by
2 comments, last by Tom Sloper 7 years, 4 months ago

Hello, I already posted something like this, but I am interested in having a discussion with industry professionals who are NOT interested in my political views.

I am a sci fi author who has written Dragons: Lexicon Triumvirate, The 0th Dimension and Spell Knights:

http://www.lulu.com/shop/kenneth-eng/spell-knights/ebook/product-23068242.html

I am not just an "idea man" because I do have published credits that have been featured on FOX News, CNN, NBC, the Washington Post, Newsday, the LA Times and the SF Chronicle. I have also been on the radio with Michio Kaku, and on Destinies Sci Fi Radio.

I understand that it is difficult to make a video game with dragons due to tech problems that I do not understand. However, my latest book Spell Knights would be effective as a slash-killer game with RPG elements. The story itself was regarded by some publishing professionals as "video game material."

I am also willing to take on lower-end jobs in order to prove my abilities in the industry. Perhaps if someone here needs a man to write dialogue or a script for their current project.

Advertisement

Sounds like a pretty nice deal, actually.

Ideally, would you be looking for a fixed salary work or is revenue share attractive to you as well? I believe it'd be relevant to mention since most indie developers don't have the funds to pay an author (sadly).

Sounds like a pretty nice deal, actually.

Ideally, would you be looking for a fixed salary work or is revenue share attractive to you as well? I believe it'd be relevant to mention since most indie developers don't have the funds to pay an author (sadly).

Thank you for your response. I would prefer a fixed salary, but if that is beyond your budget, I can work for a very low pay to start with (even part-time or contract). I do not know anything about revenue share or legal proceedings, ergo that would not be an option right now, especially since this is only an internet message board.

Kenneth, if you're looking for paid work, please use the Classifieds section, not any of our
discussion boards. If you're looking for unpaid experience, use the Hobby Classifieds section.
Closing this topic since it violates our posting guidelines by actively seeking a position in a
discussion forum. (That's entirely different from just networking.)

Edit: here are the posting guidelines: http://www.gamedev.net/page/resources/_/gdnethelp/gamedevnet-posting-guidelines-r2891

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement