🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

A new member searching for a community

Started by
5 comments, last by slicer4ever 7 years, 5 months ago

"Hello world!", as the usual tutorials go.

Three months ago I have decided to change my life and continue developing videogames full time, dedicating my heart and soul into it.

It has been a fun and interesting journey, but it has been a rather lone journey too, since mainly I've been working by myself. And honestly it's starting to take it's toll on me. So that's why I decided to join an online community, specifically an online forum, something I have not done in 10 years and that I loved so much back then.

I'm currently working on two projects, using GameMaker as a game engine since I did not have a coding background.

So far I have been focusing on more "simple" games, mainly one button games, just so that I could learn the ropes. Eventually I would love to tackle 2d/3d games with story progression, such as Oxenfree for example.

I leave here two galleries with a couple of gifs from my projects:

Squaserz: a game about avoiding lasers and everything red:

l0HlRGKq4bR98fhBu.gif

l0HlS84e1l6ueygE0.gif

Fluxnet: A game made for the GameMaker 2 Beta Jam, where 4 players battle each other in different arenas.

l0HlAMb99EfJ9kY8g.gif

In addition, I'm also working on another game with a friend.

At the precise moment of this writing, I'm at a crossroads, not knowing where to go with my life, so I thought that joining a group of game developers and sharing the pains and glory would be a good way to focus on the task ahead and finally decide the next step.

I thank you all for taking the time to read this introduction, and I hope to meet you all to!

Advertisement

Welcome @Vanethos. We are a large community in the games industry with developers of all levels participating. We've also been around a long time.

I encourage you to use the forums for discussion and possibly start a Developer Journal - where, like you, many other developers are chronicling their trials and tribulations whether as they try to make games full time as an indie or dabble in technology. I'm sure you'll find welcome company there.

You have some very interesting looking games. Look forward to learning more!

Admin for GameDev.net.

Welcome, your games look great so far :).

If your chat inclined we also have an official discord server you can join that is regularly active.

Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.
Welcome!

- Jason Astle-Adams

Thank you all :lol:

@Khawk I will be sure to do that! I have been quite interested in doing a developer journal for some time now, and now's the best time to start.

@slicer4ever oh, is there a Discord channel? And how can we access it? Thanks for the tip!

Hi.

I´m also new on this community. Your work looks good, congratulations.

I hope you´ll enjoy your time here.

I did 2 topics but did not get any reply, i think i´ll need to make more interesting stuff to post.

Usually is hard to start in a community, well that´s just my tough cause i´m not used to.

I also code in Game Maker Studio, i think is not usual here.

Anyway, welcome and hope you´ll get some good experiences for joining here.

@slicer4ever oh, is there a Discord channel? And how can we access it? Thanks for the tip!

Sorry for the delay, in the top right you should see a chat button, it'll take you to a page which has the discord invite link.
Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement