🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

New interface

Started by
70 comments, last by Brain 7 years, 7 months ago

Dark blue dot is for unread threads. That's expected and has been that way always (people just never seemed to notice it).

It used to be filled dot for unread AND not subscribed/posted in, filled start for unread AND subscribed/posted in.

Currently unread will always be dot, regardless of your subscription/posted-in state (or, at least for posted in. I haven't tried manually subscribing).

Hello to all my stalkers.

Advertisement

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I remember a solid filled star icon for threads I'm subscribed to with unread entries. I could be wrong, and somehow inserting that into my memory, but that seems like a very odd thing to have happen...

Old Username: Talroth
If your signature on a web forum takes up more space than your average post, then you are doing things wrong.

I'm in the code, and I promise the logic is and always has been much more simple. Dot if it's unread. No dot if it's read.

I was wrong about the star though. That's if you've replied to it, but not necessarily subscribed. I picked a hollowed out star to make it stand out from the solid dot.

Of course, I can modify the logic to be more along the lines you all are saying you thought it was. It would definitely be useful in that way.

Edit: Empty circle for new unread in a topic you're involved in. The code doesn't make any sense for this condition, but now that I know what it does I can consider other icons for that situation.

Admin for GameDev.net.

I like it just the way it is.

(very minor) The tooltip for "Newsletter | Chat | Subscriptions | Latest Content" is covered by the toolbar at the top - those tooltips should maybe go underneath instead.

Fixed.

Admin for GameDev.net.

I'm in the code, and I promise the logic is and always has been much more simple. Dot if it's unread. No dot if it's read.

I was wrong about the star though. That's if you've replied to it, but not necessarily subscribed. I picked a hollowed out star to make it stand out from the solid dot.

Of course, I can modify the logic to be more along the lines you all are saying you thought it was. It would definitely be useful in that way.

Edit: Empty circle for new unread in a topic you're involved in. The code doesn't make any sense for this condition, but now that I know what it does I can consider other icons for that situation.

I'm now pretty sure there was a blue star for unread topics that you had replied to, irregardless of whether you watched it or not. I remember that I unsubscribed from a topic that I had posted in but was no longer interested in (probably something political or similar). Whenever there was a new reply, that topic would really stand out in the new contents list thanks to it's blue star, even though it was no longer in my watched contents list. I remember it pretty clearly now because it annoyed me to an unreasonable level that I couldn't get rid of that star marker for the thread I was no longer interested in.. The new hollow dot does the same job, but it's IMHO not as intuitive. I'll probably get used to it though.

Still seeing ads, this time underneath a journal post.

Still seeing ads, this time underneath a journal post.

Sorry about that. The Amazon ads are on a different system so a few might have been missed. Took care of the Journal one.

Admin for GameDev.net.

Can't read the subscribe page on mobile.

It looks like this:

[attachment=34083:Screenshot_2016-11-30-20-33-45.png]

Samsung galaxy s4 and latest chrome browser.

The rest of the site is looking good though. Please provide a way to turn off the responsive site design if we want to, I like to view sites on mobile sometimes the way they appear on desktops as responsive design often hides design features I want to see...

When going to a new post in a thread by clicking on the blue dot next to a thread (view=getnewpost), the loaded position does not take the fixed navigation bar into account -- the navigation bar covers the first new post's poster details (name, profile picture, etc.).

Thanks. Looks like it's just where the anchor is defined for the post. Should be relatively straightforward.

Any updates on this? =)

Hello to all my stalkers.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement