🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Trumps great wall... will it ever happen?

Started by
203 comments, last by Promit 7 years, 5 months ago

I think it was clear from the very first moment when he said that for the very first time that he was not being serious about literally building a wall. That was a figure of speech, and everybody knew it was.

Dude, it is *literally* part of his program right now.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/policies/immigration/

Of course, I realize it's Trump, so that doesn't mean squat, but nevertheless, there it is, the "figure of speech", down in black and white, first in his 10-point "plan", with a pdf attached on how he will make Mexico pay for it. :P

Advertisement

At least if he goes ahead with it, it'll give a few people jobs for a while. ;)

Wouldn't it be fun if he had it built from the outside by mexican companies as a cost saving measure? ><

I think it was clear from the very first moment when he said that for the very first time that he was not being serious about literally building a wall. That was a figure of speech, and everybody knew it was.

Nope. He made several speeches where he talked about building a literal wall, about how he's a "builder".

As for whether he'll actually go ahead and build it, I suspect he would prefer not to, once people explained to him what a completely insane idea it is. That said, apparently his supporters are quite keen to see him hold to all his campaign promises and will "hold his feet to the fire if he doesn't follow through"
if you think programming is like sex, you probably haven't done much of either.-------------- - capn_midnight

Nope. He made several speeches where he talked about building a literal wall, about how he's a "builder".

As for whether he'll actually go ahead and build it, I suspect he would prefer not to, once people explained to him what a completely insane idea it is. That said, apparently his supporters are quite keen to see him hold to all his campaign promises and will "hold his feet to the fire if he doesn't follow through"

It's a "read between the lines" kind of thing. It's a typical Trump promise, where he promises something outrageous, and he's just waiting for a protest/large backlash against building a wall. Then he'll "reconsider" and do something less.

Meeting with Obama gave him a good excuse to not repeal all of Obamacare.

This trend will continue with all of Trump's promises that seem too crazy to implement.

I love how trump apologists' argument now is "well of course he doesn't mean anything he says"

Why the f* would anyone want a guy like that as their leader?

Apparently Ted Cruz also advocated building a wall (at America's expense) - it's possible that Trump even took the idea from him (at least that's what one Cruz supporter claimed).

At least if he goes ahead with it, it'll give a few people jobs for a while. ;)

He'll probably hire illegal immigrants to build it cheaply. :lol:

Well, the news happening right now is that;

- Some of the wall might be a fence; so yes.. he meant build a wall
- Will be deporting 3 million undocumented immigrants "immediately"

... so I can only assume the Muslim ban and registration will happen too; looks like he is going to do all the things he said...

So... explain that one resident apologists?

Well, the news happening right now is that;

- Some of the wall might be a fence; so yes.. he meant build a wall
- Will be deporting 3 million undocumented immigrants "immediately"

... so I can only assume the Muslim ban and registration will happen too; looks like he is going to do all the things he said...

yeah, this ...

if he doesn't build the wall literally, doesn't deport millions of undocumented immigrants, doesn't ban Muslims, doesn't isolate US from its allies with 'protectionism' ideology, doesn't plunge middle east into new tensed atmosphere by ripping off the Iran deal .... who's going to take him seriously when he is campaigning for his second term in office. No US president wants to be a one-term president

I for one momentarily passed out the early morning/night he won, because i took his words literally

can't help being grumpy...

Just need to let some steam out, so my head doesn't explode...

who's going to take him serious when he is campaigning for his second term in office. No US president wants to be a one-term president

The worry, imo, is this could lead to a WORSE candidates, who'll go further while pointing out (rightly based on his transition team) that Trump was just another political 'elite'...

Heck, I could almost see a candidate which drives the USA in a Christian theology direction (VP believes in 'conversion therapy' aka 'torture leading to suicide' so it isn't a leap..)... which I'm sure would please some members here at least *shrugs*.

Remember, in the 1970s Iran was a very different and freer place than today, it wouldn't take much for the USA to wander in that direction; walls and deportations are just the start.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement