Advertisement

This is a joke! (US Presidential Election Thread)

Started by October 31, 2016 12:15 AM
209 comments, last by rip-off 7 years, 10 months ago

He's pretty much a sociopath.

Did it ever occur to you that all politicians, with a possible very few singular exceptions, are sociopaths? That's more or less a basic requirement. How do you successfully lie, and lie again, and lie again about not having lied, otherwise?

How can you even do an election campaign where you do anything from insulting the other candidate to outright spreading libel? Someone who isn't a sociopath couldn't do that without getting ill effects. How can you actively sabotage the government while in the opposition, and then blame them for failing to deliver (because the opposition blocked everything)? Is that what "normal" people do, and is that what "normal" people can live with?

(Sorry, forgot to answer that question of yours: No, I don't think anyone whined before elections happened back then, although I wouldn't know for sure. That being said, people have been voting by letter for how long already... 4-6 weeks?)

Granted I'll give you that most politicians are pretty shitty people. My point still is that Trump is pretty unhinged. I mean we've seen evidence of this. Do you want a guy who's that easy to set off on a rampage, that vindictive, in charge of the world's most powerful military? And remember, this isn't just about the US. The US is the world's most powerful nation, I think we can agree on that. What happens here can effect most, if not all, of the world. I mean sure, the US may indeed go down the toilet, but not without dragging down most of the world with it.

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Is that what "normal" people do, and is that what "normal" people can live with?

"Normal" people, when sufficiently motivated by belief or circumstance, can do things that seem insane or even anti-social, especially if those things are in their own self-interest or the interest of their friends. "Normal" people can even have deep-seated beliefs that cause them to act out against others and drag them down. You don't need to be a sociopath to hurt people or lie to them. It's perfectly plausible to me that many politicians are at their core "normal" people, albeit people with more power than most of us and the incentive to use it - and are not sociopaths.
Advertisement

If someone is invesitageted, you cannot even state their full name- something on the lines: "P.F.(surname) purported to have shot a waiter in restourant is being a close worker in executives of P.F. G company"

So all FBI could have stated is that they are realy investiagating "B.B. Clinton" of unwilling treasonry purported to have happened during them being a minister of Department of Foreign Affairs. (who's fault is that?)

You think President influences federal investigators? FBI? I do not know, but president is ultimate head over the army. They, the president, have no law-giving power, but all generalities and entire army sucumb to very them.

..... and that is important. And I'd rather trust a wife of former president than Trump? Though......... who knows

If Obama happen to die, Bush Junior happen to die, ... the legitimete president is backwards--- Clinton, unless folk happen to elect. (That is why former presidents are always acknowledged as 'mr. president' until they die) .

(Becouse they are a literate back-ways, you always call former presidents as "Mr. President", until they literately vanish!)

Check this out:

Bernie Sanders - TPP: A Raw Deal For America

(worth watching every minute)

[Read the rest AFTER you've watched the video.]

And that didn't even cover ISDS (Investor State Dispute Settlement) whereby corporations can sue governments for compensation for the loss of expected revenue even if a government was acting in the interests of its constituents.

First line of the agreement reads:

"By reading this line you hereby agree to the entire 5000+ pages of this agreement--

--Just joking.

Every American with a pulse and eligible to vote needs to be aware of TPP (Their new name for 'free-trade'/'NAFTA').

Naturally, who doesn't want to read over 5,000 pages of legalese?

Actually, the majority of the pages are in fact spreadsheets, that itemize every thing of trade legally possible, and the number of years before every single one of those items listed become 100% tariff free. (and there isn't many years listed before that happens.)

People vote with their dollar. Investors are always looking for bigger margins of profit so why pay the minimum-wage in America when the minimum-wage in other countries is only a fraction? It will not create jobs, it will displace jobs and make it harder to create jobs in the future (a demand that is constantly growing). It will however make a very few number of people richer.

• Bernie is against it.
  • Trump is against it.
  • Hillary pretends. She DID say it was the "golden standard" while in Australia.
  • Her VP Tim Kaine on this topic said "you never close the door" just recently.
  • Obama is naively FOR it! When he spoke in favor of TPP my heart sank. The guy has clearly given-up at some point during his 8 year vacation.
  • (Hillary's biggest supporter, who also happens to be Kasich's biggest supporter) George Soros, amongst others (the very, very rich [not that they need to become any richer]) are all in for this. They couldn't care less about raising peoples' wages. George Soros, who by the way, has a survivor mentality, although himself Jewish, helped in the confiscation of property from other Jews during Nazi occupation. That experience would have hardened his outlook on Humanity. "... I was 14 years old. And I would say that that's when my character was made." Far from becoming altruistic, what it had taught him was: "That one should think ahead. One should understand and anticipate events and when one is threatened." He [George Soros] would have more respect for you [the voters] if you were against TPP because then at least you'd be standing up for yourself.

With Obama in support of it, Tim Kaine saying "never close the door" and Hillary calling it the "gold standard", it would be naïve to think Hillary wouldn't pass this awful legislation (possibly under another name) eventually if elected. After all, THIS is what her donors are paying her to do.

Advertisement

Two comments:

1) If you're a brand new member to the site or have no post history, you're not allowed in this thread.

2) No links to any subreddit advocating any candidate will be allowed. Period.

SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
Seems the FBI found nothing.

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Seems the FBI found nothing.

Excellent. Hopefully, this means the US can get back to not electing a xenophobic sex offender.

if you think programming is like sex, you probably haven't done much of either.-------------- - capn_midnight

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement