🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

I did it! And it was...

Started by
4 comments, last by XL3000 22 years, 7 months ago
EASY! I went and bought the Mandrake 8.1 release and with the help of my fanatical friend we set it up on my second hard drive. Well really I set it up, there wasnt much to do. I put the cd in, rebooted, hit yes or no a few times and it did all the work. I had heard from a lot of people that you had to be some kind of computer wizard(which I am not) to be able to use Linux. On the set up it found all the stuff in my computer, set up my cable connection and booted right up. LOL it even set up a menu at the start so I could choose if I wanted to boot Windows or Linux. The only thing I am really curious about right now what is the best internet browser to use? The Konqueror(sp?) is ok but not many bells or whistles. I just wanted to thank you all for the advice. I am going to start learning the system a little and see how it goes. I will let you know. Again thanks for the help. Xeo
Advertisement
That''s good to hear. Mandrake 8.1 is pretty nifty, huh? As for web browsers, I normally use the latest builds of Mozilla, and Links for text browsing.
ReactOS - an Open-source operating system compatible with Windows NT apps and drivers
You don''t have to be a computer wizard to install Mandrake 8.1 as it is the most newbie-friendly dist! Have fun
WTG! I hope you are enjoying it as much as I am. Back to configuring WINE...

SDB - If you are the only one that can fix it, why are you complaining to me?
If you don''t mind the advertisement you can try Opera (6.0 is really nice, I wish they had the beta out for Linux also, it fixes a lot of the bugs I reported heh). Galeon is nice too (it''s basically Mozilla integrated more into Gnome). Skipstone is another Mozilla offspring, I haven''t tried it. But, I normally use Opera anyway...

[Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!]
Opera is awesome, although I have to admit that the Windows version is nicer than the Linux version. 6.0 rocks, although I don''t like the new button style.

Now, if only other websites would adhere to w3c standards so I didn''t get some strange layouts from certain pages (the worst offender is ATI''s website....go visit www.atitech.com with Opera and you''ll see what I mean).
The world has achieved brilliance without wisdom, power without conscience. Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants. We know more about war than we know about peace, more about killing than we know about living. We have grasped the mystery of the atom and rejected the Sermon on the Mount." - General Omar Bradley

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement