Advertisement

Game Design Course Idea

Started by July 22, 2016 03:37 PM
5 comments, last by DarkLord25 8 years, 2 months ago

Hello guys, I was thinking to start the online course Game Design Concepts by Ian Schreiber but as he said in the post I've attached here: "This course works better if you take it with friends". Unfortunately, I don't know anyone who wants to learn game design so I thought to look for someone here! I'd love to take it with both beginner and expert game devs and create a little group!

To give some info about me: I'm an Italian guy who lives in Edinburgh but he's going to move abroad after the summer (maybe Netherlands, maybe somewhere else). I'm a very beginner about game design and that's why I want to commence this course. However, I already have some experience as game programmer since I've been studying C++, SDL and SFML for about a year. I've made three tiny, simple games and two of them are downloadable from Itch.io.

I hope some of you will be interested :)

I would love to join in with you, but seeing as I have college classes starting in the middle of this course (one of with is a GUI C++ course) I don't think I'll be able to join in this time. Let us know how it was and hopefully next time I can take part too :)

Advertisement

This 'course' is based on 7+ year old material ...

I cannot remember the books I've read any more than the meals I have eaten; even so, they have made me.

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

I'd recommend to be very careful with these sort of courses.

Though old knowledge and principles are still useful, as everything today is still built on them. But what you really need to be careful on, is the identity of someone online.

Yeah, they could come through the internet and get you while you sleep.

stranger%20danger.jpg

void hurrrrrrrr() {__asm sub [ebp+4],5;}

There are ten kinds of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

I am interested more on the AI side of things regarding game development.

Why not just make a tutorial like the rest of the guys on youtube, create a package of it and upload it gumroad. That way you can put a price on it.

Also, I would suggest you move on from there to SDL2 as that is what many would probably look for and at leasing, while introducing yourself with such responsibility, be sure to briefly create a table on contents that you would be going through while teaching this course to gain more interest.

Good luck.

Advertisement

never mind..Found it:

https://gamedesignconcepts.wordpress.com/2009/04/21/syllabus-and-schedule/

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement