Advertisement

And the Best President for America is…

Started by April 09, 2016 02:42 PM
73 comments, last by 3Ddreamer 8 years, 3 months ago

The thing is, that's still a bias. You're approaching it as if Americans care what foreigners want from our foreign policy.

You're approaching domestic economy from the perspective of someone making under X amount of $

It's impossible to have an objectively superior candidate for all people, otherwise we'd just review a bunch of statistics and then choose a president without voting.

We've had better candidates in the past (Mike gravel 2008, the guy who pretty much ended the Vietnam war by leaking the pentagon papers).

For me, the objectively best candidate was Rand Paul this election season, but he's no longer an option. My second favorite was Jim Webb, but again, no longer an option. The options I see are

1. Bernie

2. Hillary

3. Trump

4. Cruz

5. Kasich (oh wow, gee)

From those, for me, the objectively best candidates are in this order

1. Trump

2. Bernie

3. Cruz (This can only happen vs Hillary, but I'd prefer him over Kasich as a protest vote to the RNC, if the RNC tries to push Kasich.)

4. Kasich

5. Hillary

To teach America a lesson for its stupidity!!??? That is some real self righteousness there my friend.

It’s an objective reality, and exclusionary to my sense of self. I’m unrelated to the fact that Bernie Sanders is objectively the best candidate. Apparently you think you are more than man since you can proclaim otherwise. You should probably check yourself before proclaiming something as self-righteous.For me to agree with what is objectively true hardly makes me self-righteous. That’s like saying I am self-righteous for agreeing with gravity.I am not of America. I observe from afar. I am uninfluenced by any form of politics. I objectively observe and hold no biases.I vote objectively, not emotionally. I don’t have emotions. Math has determined that Bernie Sanders is the best candidate.He does the best on domestic economy (as cannot be argued) and has a foreign policy largely akin to, “Stop messing with everyone’s fucking business,” which aligns with what the entire world wants.During my last 12 years in Thailand, France, Malaysia, South Korea, Laos, Cambodia, England, and Japan, I can assure you that:#1: Foreign policy is more relevant to…FOREIGNERS.#2: Foreigners want America to mind its own fucking business. Are you tired of that “WORLD POLICE” meme yet?Only morons hate on Sanders for a lack of foreign policy. A lack of foreign policy is objectively what the world wants. We’re tired of your shit. Get off our planet.You have an objectively best candidate during the last 50 years on your plate, and if you don’t vote for him then you deserve to be punished.I am unrelated. Self-righteousness can’t exist without a self.You vote for Bernie or you get Trump. The choice is yours.L. Spiro

when you start saying things like I'm gonna teach you a lesson for your stupidity, that screams self righteousness. You've somehow declared your ideas/the candidate you like more to be superior to anyone else, and all who do not agree are somehow stupid. You've unilaterally declared Sanders to be objectively the best candidate because you happen to believe that he's right. How can someone be objectively the best candidate? Because his or her policies makes sense? To who? I have not claimed to be better cause I'm not stating any candidate to be an objective best. Moreover there is no such thing as someone being unbiased. You have your biases and I have mine.

This candidate being best is not an objective truth. If that were the case, we wouldn't have elections to decide whose the best candidate as per the people. Now you are almost certainly going to bring up the corruption of the system, which granted is true, but still does not make Sanders an objective truth that America may or may not be missing. I'm really tired of hearing this attitude about every candidate in the US. None of them are objective gods so to speak.

As far as foreign policy goes, welcome to being the US, the number one country. Not doing something is also doing something. The US will always impact other nations by nature of being the worlds most powerful nation etc. I'm not even going to argue what's right and what's wrong but the US cannot simply leave/live in a vacuum.

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Advertisement

I am not of America. I observe from afar. I am uninfluenced by any form of politics. I objectively observe and hold no biases.

Impossible. You can never extract your "self" from your political views.

The truth value of a value judgement is subjective. No statement of value can ever be objective, unless it is of the form "<name> values <thing>."
We evaluate whether a political candidate is "best" based on what we think our government should prioritize - on value judgments.
Therefore, any given fitness evaluation of a political candidate depends on the truth value of value judgments.
Therefore, no given evaluation of a political candidate is objective.

You appear to hold a value judgment the US should not be interfering with other countries. That is a personal belief born of the fact that you live outside the US; it is not an objective fact. So, the fact is that you are biased. Many Americans don't hold to that notion, so for them, Bernie is not the best candidate; they are also biased, but in a different way. I don't believe it's intentional, but simply by making the (very obviously false) claim that you're unbiased, you are absolutely coming across as self-righteous.

It’s an objective reality, and exclusionary to my sense of self. I’m unrelated to the fact that Bernie Sanders is objectively the best candidate. Apparently you think you are more than man since you can proclaim otherwise. You should probably check yourself before proclaiming something as self-righteous.
For me to agree with what is objectively true hardly makes me self-righteous. That’s like saying I am self-righteous for agreeing with gravity.

I am not of America. I observe from afar. I am uninfluenced by any form of politics. I objectively observe and hold no biases.
I vote objectively, not emotionally. I don’t have emotions. Math has determined that Bernie Sanders is the best candidate.
He does the best on domestic economy (as cannot be argued) and has a foreign policy largely akin to, “Stop messing with everyone’s fucking business,” which aligns with what the entire world wants.

During my last 12 years in Thailand, France, Malaysia, South Korea, Laos, Cambodia, England, and Japan, I can assure you that:
#1: Foreign policy is more relevant to…FOREIGNERS.
#2: Foreigners want America to mind its own fucking business. Are you tired of that “WORLD POLICE” meme yet?

Only morons hate on Sanders for a lack of foreign policy. A lack of foreign policy is objectively what the world wants. We’re tired of your shit. Get off our planet.

You have an objectively best candidate during the last 50 years on your plate, and if you don’t vote for him then you deserve to be punished.
I am unrelated. Self-righteousness can’t exist without a self.
You vote for Bernie or you get Trump. The choice is yours.

L. Spiro

Jesus Spiro, dial it back a notch. I agree with your choice of candidate and even I think you're coming across as self-righteous.

Sanders is in no way "objectively" the best candidate. In order for there to even be an objective best, there would need to be a consensus on the metrics that we can objectively measure. If you think that is the case, you're completely removed from reality.

And no you don't "vote for Bernie or get Trump". That is objectively untrue in so many ways.

if you think programming is like sex, you probably haven't done much of either.-------------- - capn_midnight

Jesus Spiro, dial it back a notch.

I had some steam to release. You can always be sure that there is a good reason for any irrational thing I say.

You could have been sure of that.
I have no job and am already $3,000 in debt. I have too much pride to ask for donations.
Although I am interviewing and all things look good, I won’t have any form of income for 2 months minimum.

I wanted to move to the UK and marry my fiancé, but that’s not going to happen.
It’s so fucking stupid why it can’t happen. So fucking idiotic.

I am going to be homeless in a few weeks.

I needed that last moment of self-righteousness in order to feel important before I go.
Life’s been great, and I have done so much more than anyone else could imagine.

But I lost my motivation over a year ago, and I have just wanted to get it all over with since.

The whole point in moving to the UK was to give life a fresh new scent, but due to unfortunate circumstances I have to forget about the UK and look only towards a life on the streets.

I would rather be dead. Leave my legacy where it is.

L. Spiro

I restore Nintendo 64 video-game OST’s into HD! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCtX_wedtZ5BoyQBXEhnVZw/playlists?view=1&sort=lad&flow=grid

Little OT: https://s21.postimg.org/s7p70mbcn/Cattura.png

"Recursion is the first step towards madness." - "Skegg?ld, Skálm?ld, Skildir ro Klofnir!"
Direct3D 12 quick reference: https://github.com/alessiot89/D3D12QuickRef/
Advertisement

Jesus Spiro, dial it back a notch.

I had some steam to release. You can always be sure that there is a good reason for any irrational thing I say.

You could have been sure of that.
I have no job and am already $3,000 in debt. I have too much pride to ask for donations.
Although I am interviewing and all things look good, I won’t have any form of income for 2 months minimum.

I wanted to move to the UK and marry my fiancé, but that’s not going to happen.
It’s so fucking stupid why it can’t happen. So fucking idiotic.

I am going to be homeless in a few weeks.

... ...

I needed that last moment of self-righteousness in order to feel important before I go.
Life’s been great, and I have done so much more than anyone else could imagine.

But I lost my motivation over a year ago, and I have just wanted to get it all over with since.

The whole point in moving to the UK was to give life a fresh new scent, but due to unfortunate circumstances I have to forget about the UK and look only towards a life on the streets.

I would rather be dead. Leave my legacy where it is.

L. Spiro

I'm surprised (maybe even shocked) that L Spiro left a rather frighteningly disturbing post and no one (including myself) gave any encouraging reply. Maybe we are inherently selfless only to people who seem happy and selfishly ignore those who appear depressed. Hmm...
Though the post is shrouded with some mysteries and the line that says "Although I am interviewing and all things look good..." doesn't seem to be in sync with the "I giving up on life tone" of the rest of the post, or maybe i'm misunderstanding something... in any case what I would say is...
Why leave your previous company without getting the green light from the ones you wanted join? Maybe redundancy without much notice? That's all I can think of.
You've still got your coding/development skills - so if not Japan, if not UK, there are still many other companies in other countries (English speaking if language is the issue). I hope you haven't got a record ... UK is strict on that, but then there are other countries that aren't so strict. But still UK is stupid on immigration and have their priorities completely wrong.
As you are still interviewing I'm sure there are many desperate companies who will snap up experienced programmers like you much quicker than 2 months - you could get snapped in 3 weeks since you don't have to give notice (do others agree this could be much quicker?)
... so though I don't know too much details and may be wrong, but i would say since you are still interviewing there is no need to be that much depressed

can't help being grumpy...

Just need to let some steam out, so my head doesn't explode...

...since you broke the silence.

If I could help, I would help.

I assumed those who knew L. Spiro private messaged L. Spiro, rather than continue posting in the public forum.

I was in a similar situation a decade ago. I was broke. I mean really broke. Maxed out the credit card. Finished the last slice of bread and thought "I guess I'll see what starving is like after all." Starving wasn't so bad. After a while you stop feeling hungry. I didn't tell a soul, I continued to present well purely out of pride. My luck started to change. For no reason at all, people I knew, would invite me to dinner (that saved me). Then I found some work just in time - before I would have had to declare bankruptcy.

It was a wake up call.

You'd think after an experience like that, that I'd have learnt my lesson. Nope.

Fast forward about 5 years and once again, down to my last loaf of bread - I thought "If I don't get a job this week, I mean this week, I am royally screwed." Just as nothing seemed to be going my way, I get a job offer. My first question was "When's payday?" "This Thursday. Why?" "No reason. {Phew!}".

I've met people who HAD jobs and facing weekends without food. They'd buy for their kids, but the parent would go hungry. They too had a lot of pride.

It took me a long while to figure out how the systems work and why it fails people.

When I finally understood, my reaction was "WHY DOESN'T EVERYBODY KNOW ABOUT THIS!!??"

When I explain it to people, they "get it", then act like they don't care. Some even get upset with me. It's puzzling. I don't see any alternative. But I'll keep trying.

BR

I’ve said time and time again that very few people are keeping up with the actual facts surrounding each candidate, the details on their policies, their histories, etc.
As a result, some people believe that Sanders is a fan of Castro, and Obama is a Muslim.

If you believe that Trump is a fascist, no that’s actually true. It’s not a hit-job, it’s just Trump being an idiot. You arrive at that conclusion by doing basic research and reading his quotes.

You arrive at the conclusion that Obama is a Muslim by mindlessly absorbing the republican message on daily TV.

You arrive at the conclusion that Sanders loves the killer at Sandy Hook by mindlessly adsorbing the Hillary message in newspapers and other media.

You arrive at the idea that Hillary is a flip-flop who will shit 7 mothers of black teens out her ass when necessary simply by following her actions and messages.

You arrive at the idea that Cruz will turn the country into a Christian ISIS just by listening to his speeches.

I think it is easy to tell which side of the aisle you stand on. Your listed arguments are only in support of democrats, and the others are insults to republicans. You're not exactly analyzing and going through the facts like you state nobody else does, but apparently only you do. What you listed isn't exactly from an objective point of view. Lets be honest.

Edit: Only read the initial post before posting this. Afterwards read the rest. I am sorry for your current position, nobody wants to be somewhere like that and I hope things turn around for you.

Many people seem to know only what the main stream nees sources feeds them, which distorts the perception of the candidates. Look at the facts, and their histories. It's sad to see such a misinformed people.

~GTE

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement