Advertisement

I just survived A Pit bull attack. man this town sux big time.

Started by March 21, 2016 06:05 AM
64 comments, last by ronan.thibaudau 8 years, 5 months ago

It is an interesting experience to eat an animal you know the name of.
Friends of our family also kept sheep, and I remember they coming by one christmas, and the youngest son (7 or so) hands over a smoked sheeps leg and says. "This is Pontus!"
(That summer, we had visited their farm and played with the lamb named Pontus)

The farm we buy turkeys from, when my mom went to go eviscerate the turkey, the family's little boy came up to her and sadly said, "That was Tom... he was my friend... :("

My family raises and eats about a hundred chickens every year (150 this year). With the meat birds, we don't bond all that much, 'cause we only have them for about 10 weeks. But our egg-laying hens we've had for two years now, and every day I go out and call them to me so I can feed them. We're going to have to kill them in five months once the new egg-laying chicks (currently only 4 days old) get to egg-laying age.

Still, the rooster is an aggressive jerk; I wouldn't mind seeing him gone.

It is an interesting experience to eat an animal you know the name of.
Friends of our family also kept sheep, and I remember they coming by one christmas, and the youngest son (7 or so) hands over a smoked sheeps leg and says. "This is Pontus!"
(That summer, we had visited their farm and played with the lamb named Pontus)

None of us had any problems eating it though, it just felt a bit more personal and special then just any sheeps leg from the store.

As I wrote way back on page two from my experience:

When you know the drumsticks, wings, and chicken breasts on your grill were the same ones you had fed for months, the chickens were running around a few days before and that you were involved with herding them to be killed, watching them die, and plucking them, it gives a deeper respect for the food.

When the animal is your pet, effectively a member of your family or pack, it is typically not eaten.

When the animal is grown for food, and you know it will be killed, dressed, and eaten, the attachment is different. You can still care for the animals, name them, and work with them, but the emotional connection is different than the pet who is more dearly loved.

Advertisement

If you don;t have time to react, you pull the knife out after the dog has bitten you and give a blow in the head (in the brain) [but you should pratcice a bit of deleivering the thrust because you could harm youself :) ), If you have time to react kick it in the nose.

In my area i am chasing dogs, if one goes on you you go onto it and fkn yell or whatever, mainly when i fkn see a freerunning dog without owner i get so pissed that i could rip any dogs legs apart. Today i had an incidient i used airrifle and shot about 3-4 meters next to the dog, the sound of the traveling bullet and hit sound, scared the shit away from it. Not mentioning i was chasing few dogs with machete, and occasionally aggressive one with a pistol. i love dogs, but i hate them if they are aggressive or run withoput owner on ,y property then i get so much pissed that i think they sense that i am not scared and fucking rip them apart with bare hands. On the other hand i think if i ever saw a charging poitbull on me i would get that hate plus i saw on youtube how a guy was choking aggressive dog. leg on stomach and typical choking [..put a word here..]

theres also one thing to say if such thing charges at you you step aside in last seconds, that gives you a time to do whatever you want.

btw

tornado style

and something more serious

oh and i nearly forgot plstic toy cap pistols are pretty damn effective against dogs they are scared of explosions

there is one rule about dog attacking a man, you pull out anything that you have in hads in front of the dog it will attack that thing so if you have lets say a stick you pull it in front of dog but not straight forward but angled (i mean horizontaly to the dog), and dont let dog to bite your both hands at same time.

or kill it with fire

proper link

There are other humane ways of preventing dogs and cats from breeding, it seems you skipped the lines and posts that made my arguments.
I'm pretty sure dogs and cats can't breed, though they may enjoy trying.

d000hg, on 23 Mar 2016 - 11:31 AM, said:
Point of order, horse meat is pretty good.

Never tried it! I definitely wouldn't mind the experience, I just always heard it was too stringy and tough. Bison is good!

In the UK a few years ago if you bought cheap supermarket beef chances are you were eating horse meat.

They were using horse meat full of steroids (not fit for human consumption) and passing it off as beef.

All levels of merciless hell came down on the companies doing it, labelling changed and now if it says beef on the package it is beef.

On that note though I've had horse, along with other meats such as crocodile, ostrich, buffalo, shark, whatever the local speciality meat suppliers sell. I like to try everything.

I can attest that horse is OK but tastes a lot like beef. Considering horse is a lot more expensive, if it tastes like beef you might as well get beef. Horse is a lot leaner though and better for you.

Enjoy!

This is not quite true. It is likely that the meat you were eating contained a small percentage of horse, particularly in pies or lasagne or other processed foods. It is unlikely you would buy a pack of beef and it would be horse meat.

This is not quite true. It is likely that the meat you were eating contained a small percentage of horse, particularly in pies or lasagne or other processed foods. It is unlikely you would buy a pack of beef and it would be horse meat.

Obvious you weren't in the UK or parts of Western Europe some years ago.

braindigitalis was telling the truth. It was a very big scandal in the UK some few years ago. Horse meat, in very large proportions was mixed with beef (sometimes up to 100% horse meat) and sold as pure beef

The problem was first picked up by Irish food inspectors who announced in mid-January 2013 that they had found horse meat in frozen beef burgers. Subsequently, the UK informed the Commission on 8 February 2013 that a UK company (Findus UK) had been selling beef lasagne supplied by a French company (Comigel-Tavola Luxembourg) which tests showed contained between 80-100% horse meat.

can't help being grumpy...

Just need to let some steam out, so my head doesn't explode...

Advertisement

dogs are also very dangerous around me, people dont even build proper fences, so the dogs can come out, and agressively bark. getting a weapon is a good idea, if it is legal in your contry. dont risk yourself.

A weapon?

Our dogs are total wusses, especially our British bulldog who is scared by plastic bags being shaken in the air. The cracking sound they make scares him silly, the poor thing :(

WiredCat nice vid's. See how those messed up dogs attack they just keep going. eaten alive does not feel good at all.

There too quick for a flame thrower alas. But good armour and a gun let it latch and then blow its damn head off, but try to miss your leg when doing it. But since you have leg armour you can take your time doing so.

Obvious you weren't in the UK or parts of Western Europe some years ago.

braindigitalis was telling the truth. It was a very big scandal in the UK some few years ago. Horse meat, in very large proportions was mixed with beef (sometimes up to 100% horse meat) and sold as pure beef

The problem was first picked up by Irish food inspectors who announced in mid-January 2013 that they had found horse meat in frozen beef burgers. Subsequently, the UK informed the Commission on 8 February 2013 that a UK company (Findus UK) had been selling beef lasagne supplied by a French company (Comigel-Tavola Luxembourg) which tests showed contained between 80-100% horse meat.

Um, I live in the UK and followed this news. Lasagne IS processed food.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement