🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

I just survived A Pit bull attack. man this town sux big time.

Started by
64 comments, last by ronan.thibaudau 8 years, 4 months ago

Those kind of incidents happened sometime ago where the owner was forced to neuter their dog to make it less agressive. That's the most cruel thing ever to do to an animal

Hold, wait what? Neutering/spaying isn't cruel.

It is both cruel and evil

A dog is meant to behave like a dog, its an animal, and some breeds are genetically wild and aggressive. If you cannot contain their nature don't breed them, don't own them.

You are castrating a dog for being a dog

Its like castrating a person for behaving like a person.

Some people even neuter animals for population control. Do we castrate humans despite that our population is beginning to threaten the earth? Stick condoms on the animals dicks if you don't want them to breed!!!

How would you feel if you imaging you are castrated? If its not good why do you pretend its alright to neuter a dog? Because dogs can't speak and protest?

Its cruel, evil and should be banned worldwide

Its funny, I know of no one who has a dog that isn't fixed; and I know a lot of people who own a dog (including a vet tech). Everything I've ever read says if you don't intend to breed, get them fixed. Dogs are not like people, sex is for them is strictly for procreation, its not necessary for social or emotional well-being. In the wild many wolves will never procreate, as only the alpha male/female of a pack get that opportunity (wolves aren't dogs, but they're closer to domestic dogs than people are).

That and also as a tradeof for being neutered they get a lifetime supply of food drink and family love without having to masturbate on every inanimate object because their sexual pulsions are not taken care of.

I think a neutered dog is going to be much happier than one who isn't if he can't mate, you're removing the need and he wasn't going to be able to fullfill it anyway. Now wether a dog is happier neutered in a family or out in the wild that's up for debate but if you're for dogs as pets i think it's cruel not to neuter them and not the other way around. Well unless you plan to breed them of course but in that case i don't think neutering them was ever an option lol.

Advertisement

I know of no one who has a dog that isn't fixed; and I know a lot of people who own a dog (including a vet tech).

The fact you know a lot of people who castrated their dogs doesn't make it right. Are they able to seek the dog's permission first? Oh they don't have a right because they are dogs

sex is for them is strictly for procreation, its not necessary for social or emotional well-being.

I think a neutered dog is going to be much happier than one who isn't if he can't mate, you're removing the need and he wasn't going to be able to fullfill it anyway.

You think???

How do you both know that? So you imagine dogs thinking (in their dog language) its time for me to start a family now, so i better go and have some sex??

So if you are isolated in a jungle, you will prefer to be castrated??

can't help being grumpy...

Just need to let some steam out, so my head doesn't explode...

I know of no one who has a dog that isn't fixed; and I know a lot of people who own a dog (including a vet tech).

The fact you know a lot of people who castrated their dogs doesn't make it right. Are they able to seek the dog's permission first? Oh they don't have a right because they are dogs

sex is for them is strictly for procreation, its not necessary for social or emotional well-being.

I think a neutered dog is going to be much happier than one who isn't if he can't mate, you're removing the need and he wasn't going to be able to fullfill it anyway.

You think???

How do you both know that? So you imagine dogs thinking (in their dog language) its time for me to start a family now, so i better go and have some sex??

So if you are isolated in a jungle, you will prefer to be castrated??

No but if i was a dog in a family i would prefer to be castrated, unlike a dog i don't have the same urges with the same amount of hormones overpowering my mind, case in point if i don't date i don't tend to go masturbate on trees as soon as i think about sex in the street.

An animal in heat does not look at all like it is happy untill they get satisfied, letting them feel like that when they live in your home with no possibility of mating, that sounds pretty cruel to me too. I'm not saying castration in itself is good, i'm saying IF they're going to live as a pet anyway, it's probably better for them and not just for the owner.

Just like dogs don't think "in their dog language", it' "time to start a family", they also don't think in our social terms and being an enuch is hardly as much of a problem for a single dog with no dog friends as for a human having to show his void balls in the gym change room, so don't compare what isn't comparable.

I stand by what i said, IF i was a dog, and IF i was in a family / not given a choice of being in the wild or not but just having to live with a family in a town without dog partners living with me, yes i'd rather be castrated.

Now I've been doing a google on how to defend from pit bull attacks, Most articles say kicking them only inflames them for what ever reason dogs don't like liquids on there heads.

The whole thing seems odd.

That's how it was sorry.

As for the dog it was on top of me faster then one of them zombies from the movie world war Z(quick). I was watching it come at me running was not a option. Holding hands out not a option that's a given, like who wants to help the dog by putting your hands in its mouth. It would of took my finger no problem.

Training kicked in, auto block, the shin block is good for all sorts of things and also a weapon, break a knee in a second.

Not sure how you did all that thinking in the instant the dog was running up to you. Seems like a lot of thinking.

it was chewing at my leg for 5 minutes, I should of been quicker that's the time I was starting to worry I'm in trouble big time. As for help from the owner it was only after they saw me start to get control of the situation with the Ice coffee defence(lol) that they started to go hey hey hey. The Ice coffee made the dog let go and move back to a meter from me and I kept the splashing going till owner grab at its collar. And I had under half left by the time the owner got the dog(600ml), I drank the rest in front of them all too like nothing happened.

My guess it was more along the lines of: "Big dog! Stay back! <Kick>"

No it was flying at me when it got with in 1 meter. its head was at chest height and I'm 6 foot some.

Now as for a weapon I'm thinking a 21000 volt micro wave oven capacitor may make a perfect weapon, not on any bad list it just an electrical part.

Can't go to the police with these types, every thing I have would be at risk they get it when your not around.

A pitbull is just barely taller than knee height.

That's 600 mm high full of muscle's. I thought that about dogs before this now its all put into perspective dogs are dangerous, Not going to think of a dog in the same light now.

Go look up pit ball attacks on youtube 2 pit bulls and your done if by your self. in one of the vid's you see a guy trying with a hose it works but the guys not up to this task.

this movie is graphic 18+ search this on youtube.

WARNING GRAPHIC: Woman orders pit bulls to attack man in Bronx

I almost died after watching these as to how bad it could of went if I had no liquid.

Bad Doggy. My legs going to hurt for weeks or more if infection get in.

I've had dogs in both situations.

It's really painful watching a male dog pine away because a bitch in the neighborhood is on heat...

Also not great when you have a bitch who, in a primal fit, tears herself open to escape through a fence, only to come home carrying 8 puppies from different sires...

Honestly, my desexed dogs have been happier and had more stable temperaments than my "natural" dogs.

I stand by what i said, IF i was a dog, and IF i was in a family / not given a choice of being in the wild or not but just having to live with a family in a town without dog partners living with me, yes i'd rather be castrated.

You are asking and answering impossible questions by "...IF i was a dog, and IF i was in a family / not given a choice of being in the wild or not but just having to live with a family in a town without dog partners living with me, yes i'd rather be castrated."

Honestly, my desexed dogs have been happier and had more stable temperaments than my "natural" dogs.

From what i know castrated dogs have always looked depressed and subdued which is why the males tend to loose their natural aggressiveness.

If I may ask what observations make you conclude the neutered one is happier?

can't help being grumpy...

Just need to let some steam out, so my head doesn't explode...

From what i know castrated dogs have always looked depressed and subdued which is why the males tend to loose their natural aggressiveness.
If I may ask what observations make you conclude the neutered one is happier?

They lose their natural aggressiveness due to a change in hormone balances. I've not studied vet science so I don't know what the health or psychological impacts of those imbalances are over a lifetime, and I doubt you have either.

I've always had dogs as part of the family since I was a kid, and have lived with a lot of different types by now. You learn to read their facial expressions and body language. You can tell what a happy dog looks like - and tell the difference between an anxious "smile", a warning "smile", and a relaxed "smile" (they all look like human smiles, and get mistaken for happiness by non-dog-people). The non-neutered ones were generally just as happy as neutered ones -- but like I said, watching them pine away when their mating instincts kick in is excruciating. Or having to find homes for the puppies that they generate, and seeing the heartbreak in the mother when the pups are all gone... Although I've seen one mother depressed for months after her pups were adopted out, and another did not give two shits (selfish bitch :lol:)

My current male dog is a purebred flat-coated retriever -- the typical flat-coat is obsessed with doing a job for you, specifically flushing out game and bringing it back to you after you've shot it. He really does find happiness in doing this work. You can fire a shotgun over their heads and they won't flinch. They love humans and do not like to be separated from their human 'pack' - they want to be a part of it.
Part of the contract for buying this dog, was that he legally had to be neutered within the first year (so as to not compete with the breeder), so there was no option there. All the breeders have this clause, or they charge you a fuckton more money to buy a sire mellow.png
Anyway, it's actually recommended to neuter them between 6 and 12 months for developmental reasons. They're slow to mature, retaining puppy like behaviors for 5 years. I put it off, but at about 8 months, he very suddenly became very distant, withdrawn and rebelious, basically attempting to distance himself from the other humans/animals assert himself as the Alpha. He got violent with the other pets, which is not a breed trait. There's recommendations in how to deal with non-neutered flat-coats, and basically teach him that you are the pack leader, but honestly, the training is brutal and constant. I've been to the dog shows where people try to show off the perfect specimen, and frankly, the way they have to treat their "natural" animals is cruel. Endless crate training, no love or bond between the dog and their master, constantly battling it to submit to you as the pack leader through force... No thanks. The day he was neutered, he went back to his previous personality almost instantly and has matured into one of the most loving dogs I've ever had. He'll guard our territory with a fierce bark and will stand up to other dogs that come at him agressively, but also loves every single human that he meets and tries to make friends with every non-agressive dog that he meets. He happily just hangs out with people for company, and at the end of every day, he asks asks to hop up on the couch or bed and give you a hug.

My current female dog is a mystery mix, some kind of Whippet-x-Koolie. I got her from an animal shelter, and she had to be spayed as a condition of release, so no option there either. She was born in the shelter, and her mother was put to sleep there before I adopted her. She is very subdued (always looking like she's afraid you're about to beat her) and is extremely fearful of a certain male archtype -- she has an instant fear reaction when meeting particular men, and never gives those people a second chance... but is really loving with everyone else she meets... I'd put this down to psychological trauma from the animal shelter rather than the de-sexing tongue.png

Now, yep, I've had non-neutered dogs that are pretty much just as happy... except when it's mating season.

Seeing I have male and female dogs, it would be impossible to keep them in the same yard without contributing to the overflowing animal-shelter problem if they were fertile... And they way that my current two dogs get along, it would be cruel to try and keep them apart. They're best friends and they get anxious when just one of them is taken away somewhere - they have a very strong bond with each other and the human members of their pack.

I don't know of any legally carried weapon that would help you against a pitbull in Australia. Pepper spray maybe?

Perfectly legal. Works for kettle, works for dogs. Probably works for crocodiles, too. Or dinosaurs.

Do kettles often attack people in Australia? huh.png

Those kind of incidents happened sometime ago where the owner was forced to neuter their dog to make it less agressive. That's the most cruel thing ever to do to an animal

Hold, wait what? Neutering/spaying isn't cruel.

It is both cruel and evil

A dog is meant to behave like a dog, its an animal, and some breeds are genetically wild and aggressive. If you cannot contain their nature don't breed them, don't own them.

You are castrating a dog for being a dog

Its like castrating a person for behaving like a person.

Some people even neuter animals for population control. Do we castrate humans despite that our population is beginning to threaten the earth? Stick condoms on the animals dicks if you don't want them to breed!!!

How would you feel if you imaging you are castrated? If its not good why do you pretend its alright to neuter a dog? Because dogs can't speak and protest?

It's neither cruel or evil, it's being responsible for your pet. You say "if you cannot contain their nature don't breed them, don't own them", well we can by neutering.

This is a very ignorant statement IMHO.

What's cruel? A surgical procedure to prevent a dog having pups, or a bunch of pups being born that aren't wanted by humans, to be left to stray and struggle on the streets, trying to eke an existence in human cities, unloved and not looked after? You are right that dogs will be dogs but dogs have been domesticated for tens of thousands of years and form a symbiotic relationship with man, as such it is our responsibility to care for domesticated animals where possible and this means we can't just let them breed unless we also want to bear responsibility for each animal that is born.

There are already far too many stray dogs and cats in the world, are you really justifying the creation of yet more out of some misguided idea of what's cruel?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement