🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Books similar to "Postmortems from Game Developer"

Started by
0 comments, last by Servant of the Lord 8 years, 4 months ago

Last year I finally read "Postmortems from Game Developer" front-to-back and I enjoyed it immensely. It was very interesting to read about games I played when I was young and how they came to be. Also, as someone who works in the games industry and has seen my fair share of ups and downs during my career it was oddly calming to see that some of my favorite games of all time have been quite challenging as projects.

If you don't know the book, this is what I am talking about: http://www.amazon.com/Postmortems-Game-Developer-Developers-Top-Selling/dp/1578202140/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1457897677&sr=8-1&keywords=postmortems+game+developer

Having read the book I was left wanting more. I think I have most of the postmortems since game developer allowed free download of all issues as pdfs as they went down, but I would be more interested in the same kind of "best-of" collection as the postmortems book, also preferably in physical book form since god knows I look at the screen enough already.

Can you recommend any other book with similar "war stories" from game projects, old or new?

Advertisement

Gamasutra: Post-mortems (articles)

GDC Vault: Post-mortems (talks w/ powerpoint)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement