🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

what about censorship?

Started by
30 comments, last by Tom Sloper 8 years, 8 months ago

are you guys thinking on forbidden us to speak our minds also locking our topics as soons as they are created?

Advertisement
xkcd #1357

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/65/Bellamy_salute_1.jpg

dude fashion in that time sucked, look at them all with the same clothes. it must be a conference or something.

Maybe some of your doubts are addressed in the lengthy discussion about those new rules, when they were formed: http://www.gamedev.net/topic/670557-the-new-disallowed-topics-rule/

Unless, your real goal is to start a pointless troll discussion.

not at all, im just saying: or the gaming develop industry changes or i will start an hunger strike so people give a bit more attention on what gaming industry is. just so we can uncover all the putrefied shit around.

You're making demands for nebulous changes to entertainment products, on a public forum, which the makers of these products most likely do not read, and threatening to self-harm if your demands are not met.

It would be immoral for me to permit you to carry out such a course of action. Don't yell into the wind and then hurt yourself because no one responded to you.

Go and talk to your general practitioner and tell them about this pattern of behavior. They'll get you the changes that you need.

If you want to discuss the state of the industry with other industry enthusiasts, or if you would like to learn about game development, then this is the correct forum to be posting on.

If you want to rant and threaten, it is not.

Do not create any more of these off-topic rant threads.

actualy you were the last person i would like to hear what you have to say, im not interested in people who power got high in their head. but since you said it, it would be immoral for me not to answer. what you mean by which the "makers of these products most likely do not read"? you saying that people that make games dont read gamedev.net forum? who are you? what you know? who let you out of your room?

ps: you dont need to tell me, i already know nobody wants to hear the truth about gaming indutry, im not surprised that that could be inconvenient for you.

The games industry is a very big place. Most of the members on these forums are amateurs and indies, not employees and decision-makers at large game development companies.
Which particular companies would you like to voice complaint to?

ps: you dont need to tell me, i already know nobody wants to hear the truth about gaming indutry, im not surprised that that could be inconvenient for you.

This is more vague conspiracy theory stuff. You're right, I'm trying to cover up your truth and make sure no one knows. You got me.

Lots of people are hitting that little "report" button under your posts and flagging you as an obvious troll. The community here isn't taking you seriously; they think you're deliberately acting like a crazy person in order to annoy us.

That's not my words -- I'm just the person who gets to read the reports.

If you're not trying to be a troll, then calm down, gather your thoughts into a rational whole, and post a sensible discussion topic.

Otherwise if you keep posting stuff that the community (not me) keeps flagging as deliberatly crazy troll posts, then it's the job of the forum moderators to stop those trolls from ruining the forum for everyone. So stop making new threads, unless you're going to do so with a level head and are prepared for rational discussion. Please gather "your truth" up into that kind of discussion point so you and the rest of the community can actually discuss it.... or, stop acting in a way which causes the moderation inbox to fill up with "troll" reports.

gaming industry should belong to devs and gamers only, but its not, is owned by vultures and pimps, thats the truth.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement