Advertisement

Forums about font design?

Started by August 23, 2015 06:04 PM
1 comment, last by Sik_the_hedgehog 9 years ago

I'm not exactly a professional font designer nor I intend to be, but I do occasionally design fonts (e.g. see Cyber-o-ise), and sometimes I'd wish I could discuss stuff about making fonts but I don't know a place where to ask. E.g. one thing I want to ask is how to handle kanji in a monospace font, those are too wide and would need two cells instead of one (good enough for the intended purpose, i.e. column alignment) but then it wouldn't be strictly monospace anymore, right? (bispace?)

Anyway, so here's a question: does anybody here happen to know a good forum where I could talk to other people making fonts? I know I could search around (in fact I am) but I wondered if somebody had any place in particular to recommend.

Don't pay much attention to "the hedgehog" in my nick, it's just because "Sik" was already taken =/ By the way, Sik is pronounced like seek, not like sick.

http://www.google.com/search?q=calligraphy+forum

I'm not going to look at each and every one of the sites to see if they have an active digital calligraphy section ...

I cannot remember the books I've read any more than the meals I have eaten; even so, they have made me.

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Advertisement

Well, I had found TypeDrawers before which seems sorta active but no idea if anybody can recommend that or not.

Don't pay much attention to "the hedgehog" in my nick, it's just because "Sik" was already taken =/ By the way, Sik is pronounced like seek, not like sick.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement