🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Week Of Awesome III - The Afterparty/judging thread!

Started by
155 comments, last by Orymus3 7 years ago

Disappointed with the results, but I understand. Congrats to those who won and for all of those people who showed up to the event! There is always next year.

Interesting note, we scored the same last year by saying "fuck the theme" as we did this year when we .... focused on the theme. Interesting.

Advertisement

Congrats all winners, and participants I feel like the games this year were considerably better than last year. Also I would personally like to thank the judges for the time and effort to go though all of those games. I will be back next year!

Time to play the top 5 :)

Congratulation to hu3 team! I've been trying to find time to play the games but alas to much work to catch up on for the past few weeks.

It was a lot of fun and I want to thank all the judges who tried to play our game and the comments you gave. This was a lot of fun but I'll be back next year to do it all again. Thanks!

Thanks lede! :D

We are really happy with our game, it's the first time that I won something in my life, haha xD

We good nice reviews and comments from the people...

10k views 6k plays/download on game jolt

top 20 indiedb for one week

40+ youtube gameplays

and now we are going to expand it into a real game! :D

We already have a lot of cool mechanics to implement that we had not time to do...

Congratz to all the winners, the GameDev.net admins and the sponsors too, very well organized and cool game jam!

The best Game Jam who I ever have participated by far!

<3

http://trydierepeat.com

Week of Awesome III

Congratulations to the winners!

I am a bit confused though... The two worst reviews for our game were picked (Servant and Coozie), but swiftcoder also reviewed our game and rated it a 78... but it is not listed on the main sheet in the results... Is this an error? If I average all the reviews for our game I get 66.4, but the sheet says 63.5...

If I average my theme values:

14, 4, 15, 14, 9

I should get 11.2, but the sheet says 10.25...

I average the game play values:

13, 12, 20, 13, 10

I should get 13.6, but the sheet says 12...

I might be mistaken, but something seems fishy in the math here...

If I try the same average for the game play with Try. Die. Repeat, I get 25, 18, 25, 24 which is the same 23 that is listed in the sheet... so why are our averages not working out?

0_0

Wow! I came in... fifth?! That's wonderful! ^_____^

And congratulations to all others who placed: rodolfodth, devn00b, Endurion, DifferentName, __Toz__--very well done to all of you! happy.png

My thanks to the judges: the work done in judging all of these entries, and more, for reviewing them, is much appreciated! The reviews thus far have made for some very interesting reading! happy.png

feels like one of those old marble sumo-wrestling games

Marble... Sumo... Wrestling... Games...? o_0

lovely twist on the use, but also makes me hate you thaum.
fun, but i hate/love you firebird.

Pffft-MWAHAHAHAHA! Clearly I have done my work well. ;P

(In all fairness, I do readily admit that the game has some balance issues! ^^; )

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

My Twitter Account: @EbornIan

Congratulations to the winners!

I am a bit confused though... The two worst reviews for our game were picked (Servant and Coozie), but swiftcoder also reviewed our game and rated it a 78... but it is not listed on the main sheet in the results... Is this an error? If I average all the reviews for our game I get 66.4, but the sheet says 63.5...

ah this is an oversight of mine, Swift had said he didn't do any of the optional games he was assigned, but seems to have done yours, which is why i didn't double check all of his reviews on paper. sorry about that.
Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.

Does that mean our standing will change? :)

Was lots of sweet games!

Thanks to everyone that entered, and of course Slicer for running this bad boy.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement