Advertisement

hi all developers

Started by August 14, 2015 09:22 AM
35 comments, last by irn4l 9 years ago

well, maybe its soon, its not yet the time for things to change in gaming. but i can tell that we all could be making money as we speak instead of living these pre-concept ideas that sharing is bad. with a system that proves that everyone wins more money people still defend a system that gives no money to no-one except themselfs. anyway, thank you for you time all, really appreciated the feedback.

Phew... this was quite a chaotic read. Ha ha.

Advertisement

with a system that proves that everyone wins more money people still defend a system that gives no money to no-one except themselfs.

No, these systems exist. They're just normally lumped into gambling games.

All transfers of money -- even the payments you accept -- are subject to regulations. Handing money back to players is subject to other regulations.

Solve the money laundering problem, solve the problem of people cheating the system, solve the financial regulations problems, and you can build such a system. There are many of them out there, they just take a lot of resources to create.

money will come from the exact same place that is coming already in gaming actual situation. from gamers, but instead of being gamers the ones that pay the big machine of a game that is, publishers, developers, game managers, server, community managers, marketing, etc... asking some money from the ones that have money, and big ammounts of time without any life reward from the ones that have no money. it could be asked more from the ones that have money, and can be given to the ones that have no money plus the developers only, balancing and making the only true dependable machine that is a game work between developers and gamers only.

Lets side step all the regulation crap, all problems involved with dealing with real money. Lets nit deal with gambling games, and lets ask what happens if for example some random fps rewards the top players in matchmaking with cash. So i have to ask, Will you give me 20$ your never going to see that money back, so will you give me 20$? This is what your asking 90% of the games player base, in order to partcipate your player base will have to be required to put money into the system. But heres the catch the only gamers that are going to get actual money out of the system are the top 10% that are skilled enough to routinly win. Everyone else is pumping money into the system and seeing little to no return. Then those players will leave your game, eventually your game will be community will be gone since each time players leave that 10% shrinks, and less money is funneled into the game. Eventually a handful of players made a shit ton of money from your game, and everyone else will likely be jaded from the experiance.

So i ask again, will you just hand me 20$?

Adding real cash to games is just going to make those games unfun for nearly everyone. Every dealth or screw up you make is money gone, every time you get on a crappy team, your money is gone. It turns light hearted relaxation into a stressful job. People are already dicks without money being involved, now imagine those same players when you got something real at stake.
Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.

money will come from the exact same place that is coming already in gaming actual situation. from gamers, but instead of being gamers the ones that pay the big machine of a game that is, publishers, developers, game managers, server, community managers, marketing, etc... asking some money from the ones that have money, and big ammounts of time without any life reward from the ones that have no money. it could be asked more from the ones that have money, and can be given to the ones that have no money plus the developers only, balancing and making the only true dependable machine that is a game work between developers and gamers only.

Lets side step all the regulation crap, all problems involved with dealing with real money. Lets nit deal with gambling games, and lets ask what happens if for example some random fps rewards the top players in matchmaking with cash. So i have to ask, Will you give me 20$ your never going to see that money back, so will you give me 20$? This is what your asking 90% of the games player base, in order to partcipate your player base will have to be required to put money into the system. But heres the catch the only gamers that are going to get actual money out of the system are the top 10% that are skilled enough to routinly win. Everyone else is pumping money into the system and seeing little to no return. Then those players will leave your game, eventually your game will be community will be gone since each time players leave that 10% shrinks, and less money is funneled into the game. Eventually a handful of players made a shit ton of money from your game, and everyone else will likely be jaded from the experiance.

So i ask again, will you just hand me 20$?

Adding real cash to games is just going to make those games unfun for nearly everyone. Every dealth or screw up you make is money gone, every time you get on a crappy team, your money is gone. It turns light hearted relaxation into a stressful job. People are already dicks without money being involved, now imagine those same players when you got something real at stake.

Kwari fixed the issue you mentioned by having servers that were flagged as not using real money.

There's other alternatives. For example, a game where high rank (ELO graded) matches are randomly selected as bettable, allowing the community to bet on who wins. At the end, the players on the winning side/the people who placed correct bets win some money.

Imagine a mix between Vulcan (online esports betting site), and CSGOTV.

Kwari fixed the issue you mentioned by having servers that were flagged as not using real money.

This can work for keeping your community alive, but I don't think a game should be built on this premise.

There's other alternatives. For example, a game where high rank (ELO graded) matches are randomly selected as bettable, allowing the community to bet on who wins. At the end, the players on the winning side/the people who placed correct bets win some money.

Imagine a mix between Vulcan (online esports betting site), and CSGOTV.

I'd consider this situation more as a gambling game then, since the players themselves don't have an actual stake in the game(although they might double dip and bet on themselves).
Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.
Advertisement

lets see, a real cash economy game its not meant to just give money players. you only get money if you save your in-game currencies, if you choose not to spend to use a better weapon making the grind more economic, money saving, if you choose to take longer and pay less to achieve the same things other players will pay, its meant to take long and that time more expensive. this is the base of a real cash economy business for an online mmorpg but of corse other things like bets will also work in multiplayer online battle arena games, or maybe players could sell equipment builds, characters builds in those games, even in the matches themselfs recorded videos, if players pay a fee to enter lets say in ranked, it would be possible to a game like that earn a share for every ranked game people play, giving the money reward to the winners. theres a bunch of possibilities where real cash economy could work perfectly in mobas.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement