Advertisement

Quick survey on localization for indie games/devs

Started by August 03, 2015 10:35 PM
0 comments, last by Kjell Andersson 9 years, 1 month ago

Hi everyone,

First off - if this somehow violates the forum rules, please let me know and I'll try to change the offending parts smile.png

Two friends and I, all working in localization/translation, are thinking about creating a localization service geared towards indie devs and indie games, hopfefully enabling you to reach more players in foreign markets and have more sales.

To do that we created a short survey we hope you could fill out for us. It is mainly geared towards devs with games currently in development, but if you are just interested in the topic as such, please feel free to fill it out too!

We are not selling anything but just trying to figure out if there is any interest in a revenue share system of localization in which you have little to no additional upfront costs for localization, what kind of numbers devs would feel comfortable with and if it is even a good idea at all. So we'd welcome any discussions of the topic as such here as well.

Also, if you have any questions or suggestions, we would love to hear them.

Thank you very much in advance!

Link to the survey (English)

Link to the language select page (English, French, German)

If you are targeting indie developers and hobbyists I think that a service where you can contribute and share with others would be the right way to go.

What I'm mostly thinking about is:

* A way to earn translation credits for your project by providing translations to others.

* A way to reuse common translation phrases from other projects.

* A way to put a credit bounty on translations you want for your project that others can earn and in turn use for their own project.

* A way to ask for translation reviews (+1 / -1 buttons) since the translations may be of unknown quality.

Your bussiness case would be to sell translation credits to those that prefer to pay instead of contributing.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement