Advertisement

I am going to start making games

Started by June 28, 2015 06:52 AM
5 comments, last by Brain 9 years, 2 months ago

I am an 11 year old kid, and I just learned the basics of coding in the Game Maker coding language today. I am going to start making games, and posting them here. I am going to be using Game Maker, obviously. I have started working on a game called Death Fighters. It will be a fighting game. I should be done with it today or tomorrow. It will be pretty bad, but it is one of my first games.

Sorry, I didn't realize that forum isn't for these kinds of threads.

Advertisement

If you are interested in this, I am going to post a developer journal.

So, how far did you get?

AfroFire | Brin"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education."-Albert Einstein

That is cool. I started when I was 11 too. I am 14 now. If you want some help just PM me. Cant wait to see your game :)

I also started around the same age, I am now 17. Good luck, making games is a lot of fun and also very challenging.

Once you get your chops up you should check out Ludum Dare.

I never really built a complete game until I started doing the Ludum Dare compos, it helped me grow a lot as a programmer and game designer.

It is not very competitive, it is just for fun, and people are always happy to give you constructive feed back on your game.

I'm excited to see what you will build!

Stay gold, Pony Boy.
Advertisement
I started when I was 13. Back when I started we didn't have game engines, or even frameworks as such. We did it all in BASIC and assembler with 2mhz of raw computing power and 128kb of ram...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement