Advertisement

The Week of Awesome III - The third annual unofficial gamedev.net competition! - Administration thread

Started by June 01, 2015 04:11 AM
232 comments, last by Eck 9 years, 2 months ago

I'm in.

Team Name: Bang Bang Attack Studios

Team Members: Myself, my wife.

I've two kids running around (well, one is running, the other is just crying barely 1 month old now) and I'm a full-time husband and freelance developer now, so I might end up having to bail out. But I've missed game contests, and I'd really like to participate. So sign me up please!

[size=2]Bang Bang Attack Studios
Senior Technical Director
Professional Typographer / Letterer Comic Art Commissions Profile

@slicer4ever

Hi. Just to update, I've joined team Ovensparrow. happy.png

@slicer4ever could you please replace member ovensparrow with Onigiri Flash. So that way it is

Team: The Ovensparrow
Members: Marioluigiman, Onigiri Flash

Thanks in advance

I'm not sure what i was thinking with this, thanks for pointing it out.

Cant believe its been a year already...
Its so good to see this again!
I might be competing aswell, I'm in the army this time... But might be able to compete, good luck to everybody!

Btw is XNA still on the table?

XNA is perfectly fine, whatever you want to use to compete!

i've added everyone to the participating list so far(let me know if i missed someone).

I've also put up the first draft of the splash screen:

iGBRwMT.png
Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.
Advertisement

We would love to participate:

Team: '581eGliese'
Members: Prot , topkek
Website/Blog/Twitter handle: Twitter

Hi everyone,

I would love to participate as part of a team. I am not very experienced and don't have too many free time, but it sounds fun to do and i would love to participate in a contest sometimes.

I have some coding experience in C# / XNA, but do not expect to much of it.

Happy to learn from the experience :)

My personal blog on game development!

Black Wolf Game Development

Also can somebody please point me to the judging threads of the last two 'WoA'. I'd love to see how that ended, who won.

With respect to the first week of awesome the judging is actually on page 6 and 7 of announcement thread.

Week of Awesome I

Given that the Week of Awesome had not at that point been intended as an annual event when setup by Cornstalks, judging was very much about the score obtained rather than any inherent feedback to the various participants. This was altered with the introduction of the Week of Awesome II and the reins of leadership then taken up and wielded by the crazed Slicer4ever who demanded accountability to the participants for why they succeeded or tanked. smile.png

Week of Awesome II Judge Thread

Edit: Hey Slicer when you see this might be an idea to post the link for the WoA II judge thread in the opening post.

Advertisement

Aight, let's DO THIS!

TeamName: Unicore

Participants: Orymus3

Journal: http://www.gamedev.net/blog/2070-the-week-of-awesome-iii/

I loved this sooo much last year. I am in!

Team Name : Aletheia Game Studios
Participants: Clint Fleetwood, 3 students who are minors that I will not post their names without parent permission.

Journal : http://www.aletheiagamestudio.com/?cat=3 (this may be updated)

So a couple of questions that I have:
1. I'm currently / actively working on an in-house engine that is module based to help my students have a game up and running quicker. The modules are things like "platformer", "scroller", "adventurer", "fps" etc. that is essentially is a base game type with controls, targeting, import parameters etc. Those modules are tied in with a blender exporter for that specific module. Essentially my students (or myself) can make a scene in blender and the module makes it a game. Is it ok if that tool is used as the base for a game in this competition?

Also.. This is probably not possible, but I shall ask. Is there any way it can be the week before? That is the first week that kids go back to school and my how team is HS students.

With respect to the first week of awesome the judging is actually on page 6 and 7 of announcement thread.

Week of Awesome I

Given that the Week of Awesome had not at that point been intended as an annual event when setup by Cornstalks, judging was very much about the score obtained rather than any inherent feedback to the various participants. This was altered with the introduction of the Week of Awesome II and the reins of leadership then taken up and wielded by the crazed Slicer4ever who demanded accountability to the participants for why they succeeded or tanked. smile.png

Week of Awesome II Judge Thread

Edit: Hey Slicer when you see this might be an idea to post the link for the WoA II judge thread in the opening post.

Thanks for popping those links up, i've added the judge thread to the first post as well, excellent idea=-).

Aight, let's DO THIS!

TeamName: Unicore
Participants: Orymus3
Journal: http://www.gamedev.net/blog/2070-the-week-of-awesome-iii/

Glad you've finally committed=-)

I loved this sooo much last year. I am in!

Team Name : Aletheia Game Studios
Participants: Clint Fleetwood, 3 students who are minors that I will not post their names without parent permission.
Journal : http://www.aletheiagamestudio.com/?cat=3 (this may be updated)

So a couple of questions that I have:
1. I'm currently / actively working on an in-house engine that is module based to help my students have a game up and running quicker. The modules are things like "platformer", "scroller", "adventurer", "fps" etc. that is essentially is a base game type with controls, targeting, import parameters etc. Those modules are tied in with a blender exporter for that specific module. Essentially my students (or myself) can make a scene in blender and the module makes it a game. Is it ok if that tool is used as the base for a game in this competition?

Great to see your return =-), as for your question, this is perfectly fine, i see it as little diffrence than using tools like Unreal Engine, or Unity, or gamemaker, etc.

Also.. This is probably not possible, but I shall ask. Is there any way it can be the week before? That is the first week that kids go back to school and my how team is HS students.

Unfortuantly the date is already set in stone for a few people, changing it now would mean forcing them out, as such I'm sticking with the current date. Like last year, it'll work for some, but not for others, unfortuantly any date i pick simply isn't going to work for some people. I hope you'll be able to still participate even with the restricted time for your students.

Hi everyone,

I would love to participate as part of a team. I am not very experienced and don't have too many free time, but it sounds fun to do and i would love to participate in a contest sometimes.

I have some coding experience in C# / XNA, but do not expect to much of it.

Happy to learn from the experience smile.png

I've added you to the list of folks looking for teams!
Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement