Advertisement

War for the Overworld, story of a successor

Started by April 03, 2015 09:14 AM
0 comments, last by conq 9 years, 6 months ago

War for the Overworld, the successor of the Dungeon Keeper franchise was released yesterday. And as a fan of the first iteration of the game (I first played it on my windows 95, long, long time ago. And I still play it from time to time. Awesome game.) I was really waiting for this game, hoping it will become a game worthy of its legacy.

And for the moment, even if it's released, it stil feel like it is not complete yet. Clumsy controls, graphism not really polished, etc... I have the impression that the game is missing something. Or maybe it is just the nostalgia speaking?

But the development of this game is kind of a beautiful story. Made by passionnate people who try to be as close as possible from the essence of Dungeon Keeper, they got the blessing of the original creator Peter Molyneux, and EA said that they will not bother them with legal issue.

Did you play the first Dungeon Keeper? Did you play War for the Overworld? What did you think of it?

Yes, Yes, and I love it.

I've been following WFTO since it was hosted on the "Keeper Klan Forums" page. There's still more in-progress projects there you should definately check out, along with some bullfrog-era stuff that was never released (Populous 4 music tracks/creature sounds).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement