Advertisement

Hello everyone!

Started by March 20, 2015 07:53 PM
1 comment, last by dsm1891 9 years, 6 months ago

Hello,

My name is Tylen and I am an aspiriing game developer. I'm 24 years old and have wanted to make games almost my entire life. When I was very young, I wanted to write stories. Eventually, because of my passion for playing video games, this grew into a desire to make games. In high school I took some computer science and programming classes and, during my junior and senior year, I went to college for software development. Throughout my couple of years in college, I grew lazy and eventually just left with my high school diploma. I have not done much in the way of productivity or creativity since, but I have dabbled a bit in game development. Specifically, I have worked with XNA and Unity since I consider myself most proficient in C#.

Anyway, I've decided it's time to crack down and really get started on my career. I have a long way to go and a lot to learn and I hope I can get there with the help of a solid community, which is why I have found my way here! I work long hours during the week but that gives me three days per weekend to work on game design, game programming, and game writing, so mostly expect to see me here on the weekends. I do not know if I have much insight to give any other beginners, but I will try and I will have plenty questions of my own! Please be honest, constructive, and if you have to, brutal; I'm here to learn!

Welcome to gamedev!

If you're up for it, there's always a chat board! smile.png

FastCall22: "I want to make the distinction that my laptop is a whore-box that connects to different network"

Blog about... stuff (GDNet, WordPress): www.gamedev.net/blog/1882-the-cuboid-zone/, cuboidzone.wordpress.com/

Advertisement

HELLO DR. NICK

Mobile Developer at PawPrint Games ltd.

(Not "mobile" as in I move around a lot, but as in phones, mobile phone developer)

(Although I am mobile. no, not as in a babies mobile, I move from place to place)

(Not "place" as in fish, but location.)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement