Advertisement

This place used to be so fun...

Started by March 17, 2015 01:49 AM
40 comments, last by ronan.thibaudau 9 years, 7 months ago

Fast, link that thread where the first guy said something really random, then a mod replied with an equally random reply which was not related to the OP... this went on for 5 pages or so

Mobile Developer at PawPrint Games ltd.

(Not "mobile" as in I move around a lot, but as in phones, mobile phone developer)

(Although I am mobile. no, not as in a babies mobile, I move from place to place)

(Not "place" as in fish, but location.)

ericrrichards22
Member since 2013-06-20

I used to have a different account in the early 2000s, back when I was an ignorant whippersnapper just learning BASIC in high school. Lost to the shifting sands of email addresses, the new site migration, and me forgetting what my old handle was...

Eric Richards

SlimDX tutorials - http://www.richardssoftware.net/

Twitter - @EricRichards22

Advertisement

ericrrichards22Member since 2013-06-20

Son, let me tell you about gamedev.net:long dogshard catsfloor caekeat ropethe hairspray threadthe space elevator threadPirate Lordthe timestep crusaderphil67rpgfir... and etc, etc.EDIT: OMFG

Ah, Phil and PirateLord.

"The code you write when you learn a new language is shit.
You either already know that and you are wise, or you don’t realize it for many years and you are an idiot. Either way, your learning code is objectively shit." - L. Spiro

"This is called programming. The art of typing shit into an editor/IDE is not programming, it's basically data entry. The part that makes a programmer a programmer is their problem solving skills." - Serapth

"The 'friend' relationship in c++ is the tightest coupling you can give two objects. Friends can reach out and touch your privates." - frob

courtesy of my pasteycall22

http://www.gamedev.net/topic/497598-hairspray/

(Not "mobile" as in I move around a lot, but as in phones, mobile phone developer)

(Although I am mobile. no, not as in a babies mobile, I move from place to place)

Original File: 100mb

CAR File: 100mb
ZIPped Original: 99mb
ZIPped CAR: 3 bytes

100Mb to 3 fucking bytes ladies and gentlemen.

"I AM ZE EMPRAH OPENGL 3.3 THE CORE, I DEMAND FROM THEE ZE SHADERZ AND MATRIXEZ"

My journals: dustArtemis ECS framework and Making a Terrain Generator

Pfft. I'll be impressed when he compresses it to 3 fucking bits. just gotta stuff most of the information in between bits.

Advertisement

Original File: 100mb
CAR File: 100mb
ZIPped Original: 99mb
ZIPped CAR: 3 bytes

Original File -> XOR with Original File -> DEFLATE -> (3 bytes) -> INFLATE -> XOR with Original File -> Original File?

So... kinda like "sending information" using entanglement I guess?

My game has bad performance, I don't think NVidia should charge for oyptimizations to make games run quicker

Oh lord.

Also, LessBread.

And his secret forum.

ok.

Mike Popoloski | Journal | SlimDX

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement