Advertisement

What drives you in what you like?

Started by March 12, 2015 01:00 PM
15 comments, last by dsm1891 9 years, 7 months ago
What also works for me (talking about working towards a goal), is defining what I eventually want. Like a simple game with explicit feature list. Of course these goals should be somehow achievable (and increase in challenges during time). Finishing stuff, even if the goal is no shiney mmo rpg or fps, is always good for motivation.

Crealysm game & engine development: http://www.crealysm.com

Looking for a passionate, disciplined and structured producer? PM me

Seeing people’s reactions/making people happy/smile/laugh.

When programming, I think about how people will react to the little details, and that motivates me to add whistles, bells, and polish.

I make video games because I think about the fun people will get playing the final product. I’ve never played any of the games I’ve made. This is why I literally can’t do finance or database programming—either way, I’m not personally benefiting from the final project, so all I have for all my efforts is the feeling I know people are getting when using my result, and frankly that is absent in finance or database.

I used to draw because people were enjoying it. I personally hate drawing, so when people stopped caring, I stopped drawing. Even though drawing is but tedium to me, I will endure it if people start showing interest again someday. Their faces are enough motivation to overcome the tedium.

I act on TV because I want to entertain people. Currently I am not famous enough to have my say in what I do on TV, but ultimately my goal is to be a comedian, because I really love spreading happiness and laughter (but I’m only good at situational comedy, so I can’t do stand-up etc.)

Basically, I’m happy when everyone else is happy. And if they aren’t, I’m motivated to make them happy. If I can’t find a way to consider how it will make other people happy/amazed/fascinated/etc., then I likely just won’t be motivated to do it at all. Like finance programming…
Yes, a perfect gift for meeee…is a smile as wide as a mile…to make make me happy as can beeee.

L. Spiro

I restore Nintendo 64 video-game OST’s into HD! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCtX_wedtZ5BoyQBXEhnVZw/playlists?view=1&sort=lad&flow=grid

Advertisement

I didn't usually think on this but after I had my first son things changed a lot. Now I just need to stare at him for a while to feel motivated.

I like to think that I'll achieve higher goals.

My ultimate goal as a sound designer/audio guy is to work for Valve so basically everything I do, I do it with the mindset that it will help me to achieve that.

Pure unadulterated rage.

Revenge

....what are you two programming?

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!

KkmwR42.jpg

That's about it, thanks for reaching the bottom.

Firstly, your engine looks great!

secondly, that's what she said.

that's enough forums for me, back to the chat I go.

cyaloveyahbye

Mobile Developer at PawPrint Games ltd.

(Not "mobile" as in I move around a lot, but as in phones, mobile phone developer)

(Although I am mobile. no, not as in a babies mobile, I move from place to place)

(Not "place" as in fish, but location.)

Advertisement

courtesy of my pasteycall22

http://www.gamedev.net/topic/497598-hairspray/

(Not "mobile" as in I move around a lot, but as in phones, mobile phone developer)

(Although I am mobile. no, not as in a babies mobile, I move from place to place)

Wrong DAMN THREAD!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement