Advertisement

Android Lollipop unrevealed.

Started by October 16, 2014 09:18 AM
13 comments, last by _mark_ 9 years, 10 months ago

So, the curtains from the Android L has been raised, it's going to be Android Lollipop with it Google has also showcased their next link of Nexus devices i.e. Nexus 6 and Nexus 9. I am going nuts over tasting lollipop out , what do you guys think about it ?

John Farrell

Technical Consultant

Rapidsoft Technologies Pvt. Ltd.

Oh joy, another round of the Android Incompatibility Game.... </jaded android developer>

Advertisement

Unrevealed? Like they revealed it, then withdrew it?

[Formerly "capn_midnight". See some of my projects. Find me on twitter tumblr G+ Github.]

I loved their presentation of the "material design" language. And my Nexus 4 will be supported. Yay

Oh joy, another round of the Android Incompatibility Game.... </jaded android developer>

This. The L preview was not nice to our games. Now that it is actually going to come out soon we have to do the 'stupid hacks for new Android version' song and dance.

What caught my interest was the Google Nexus Player. Seems to be a game console with TV etc. Plays dvd videos? Well I'd probably rather go with a steambox, if I ever

purchase alike.

I also wait for the Occulus Rift...must be fantastic for driving Project Cars, flying X-Plane etc.

Advertisement

I have been hearing that over Android Lollipop, Hangout application isn't the default SMS application rather than something different seems to be coming out can anyone confirm this ?? I wonder why Google is retiring Hangout out ?? ...lol...

John Farrell

Technical Consultant

Rapidsoft Technologies Pvt. Ltd.

I have been hearing that over Android Lollipop, Hangout application isn't the default SMS application rather than something different seems to be coming out can anyone confirm this ?? I wonder why Google is retiring Hangout out ?? ...lol...

Was it ever the default application for SMS? I'm still using Android Messaging on my Nexus 4, and quickly locked Hangouts from using SMS. I don't want any confusion over whether I'm sending a free message to a friend down in the US, or getting dinged 75 cents a pop, and one of the easiest ways to do that in my mind is to clearly have a difference in apps for a given task.

Old Username: Talroth
If your signature on a web forum takes up more space than your average post, then you are doing things wrong.

Was it ever the default application for SMS? I'm still using Android Messaging on my Nexus 4, and quickly locked Hangouts from using SMS

I'm pretty sure it was set as default when I got my N5.

Was it ever the default application for SMS? I'm still using Android Messaging on my Nexus 4, and quickly locked Hangouts from using SMS

I'm pretty sure it was set as default when I got my N5.

Yea it was the default for the Nexus 5, I quickly replaced it though.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement