Advertisement

New To Portland

Started by August 27, 2014 07:27 AM
3 comments, last by Fisc510 10 years ago

Hi all,

My name's Nate. I've just recently moved from the Midwest to Portland, OR. I'm looking for anyone else that might be in the area and interested in meeting up. Just looking for some new friends in the area with similar interests.

I've been working with development for the last 9 years (Only been doing game development for the last 2). I'm familiar with Unreal Engine 4, Unity 4, C++, C#, PHP, Java Lots of java, started out working with Bukkit and sorta turned into working with java all around for the next 4 years.

do small amounts of 3D modeling and artwork, but primarily stick to web design and back-end game mechanics. So, If you're interested in talking at all or would like to get to know me you can give me a shout on skype. My skype name is 'nathan.fiscaletti' and my email is 'nathan.fiscaletti@gmail.com'. Just let me know who you are when you message, and that you've found me through this smile.png

Thanks for your time

(I'm really hoping that this is the right area to post this, I'm not positive though. Let me know if it's not.)

Nathan Fiscaletti

Lead Developer / Co-Founder
RedRuin Studios, Inc.
nathan.fiscaletti@gmail.com

Advertisement

What?..

Nathan Fiscaletti

RedRuin Studios, Inc.

What?..

Interesting first post by constantin.

Anyway, I've moved out of Portland, but you've got Intel's main hub just to your west, and they have a bunch of clubs for hobbyists of all types, including people who do programming on the side. You can't take ten steps around there without tripping over a dozen intel people, so if you meet one or two of them, you might be able to get into that.

As an aside, if you've got the body confidence, check out the nude bike ride. If you don't have the body confidence, check out their freakin' ginormous book store.

I've moved out of Portland, but you've got Intel's main hub just to your west, and they have a bunch of clubs for hobbyists of all types, including people who do programming on the side. You can't take ten steps around there without tripping over a dozen intel people, so if you meet one or two of them, you might be able to get into that.

Thanks, I'll look into some of those clubs. However, Larger clubs aren't really my thing. I find it more difficult to socialize in them for some reason. But I'll certainly keep an eye out for Intel people, that's good to know.

As an aside, if you've got the body confidence, check out the nude bike ride. If you don't have the body confidence, check out their freakin' ginormous book store.

That's a bit much for me haha I come from a small town in Nebraska, So I'm not to crazy about anything that hectic sounding.

Nathan Fiscaletti

RedRuin Studios, Inc.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement