Advertisement

Zelda ALTTP games?

Started by August 18, 2014 07:20 PM
10 comments, last by Orymus3 10 years ago

Hey folks,

I'm looking for games similar to Zelda A Link to the Past (bird's eye view of an action/adventure (rpg?) game that uses 'tools' the player amasses in a somewhat open world).

Anyone played a good one recently? I'm seeing a lot of indie titles but nothing sticks so far...

If you have a 3DS, Zelda - A Link Between Worlds could be a good choice. The world is very similar to LttP, but it is an entirely different game.

Niko Suni

Advertisement

Thanks Nik02. I'm aware of that game, but I'm puzzled as to why no one but Nintendo attempted to make a game in this vein?

There were some classic SNES games that used a similar formula.

Illusion of Gaia comes to mind first.

Niko Suni

Oh I loved Illusion of Gaia, that was a truly great game. Loved Link to the Past too, but I never got the game to 100% (all heart pieces). Sadly, I don't know of any game other than the ones mentioned.

Zelda the Minish Cap for gba is really good. Not just a game trying to getting drag on the branch.

Advertisement

Maybe you can try Evoland (http://gameslikefinder.com/evoland/).

Also, you can try Alundra for PS One (http://www.squidoo.com/games-like-zelda#module161153050).

Loved Link to the Past too, but I never got the game to 100% (all heart pieces).

It is surprisingly difficult to find all the heart pieces and other stuff in any Zelda game, if you don't resort to walkthroughs (and there were not so many walkthroughs available to begin with, back in 1992) :)

Niko Suni

It is surprisingly difficult to find all the heart pieces and other stuff in any Zelda game, if you don't resort to walkthroughs (and there were not so many walkthroughs available to begin with, back in 1992)

Yeah, I could have just borrowed my uncle's Nintendo Power Link to the Past guide that he had at that time.

You might also want to take a look at Ittle Dew. I tried it briefly, and didn't get a real sense of it, but it had a somewhat similar kind of feel to it.

Hello to all my stalkers.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement