Advertisement

How many develop cross platform?

Started by August 01, 2014 03:20 PM
15 comments, last by JohnnyCode 10 years, 1 month ago

What percentage of independent developers would you guess have their app available on both iOS and Android?

There isn't a lot of data available, but understandably it looks like only the larger development houses have the resources to publish on both platforms.

One issue is if you promote your app by any means that is not platform specific you potentially have 40% of the audience (give or take) that is unable to try your app.

I would think that a small number of developers have their products cross platform, just by the huge number of games that are released by hobbyists.

My current game project Platform RPG
Advertisement

that's very small selection to choose from.

There's some more platforms beside those two.

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

LIES! how dare you speak blaspheme about the state of modern computers!
Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.

Whaaaaat? Do you mean people still use those big square thingies in their desktops? Whats next? Are you going to tell me they run software, not apps?

"I AM ZE EMPRAH OPENGL 3.3 THE CORE, I DEMAND FROM THEE ZE SHADERZ AND MATRIXEZ"

My journals: dustArtemis ECS framework and Making a Terrain Generator

Advertisement

Yea, I had to vote no as I don't do mobile development.

definitely missing the "I couldn't care less about iOS, Android and the remaining mobile bandwagon" option.

Stefano Casillo
TWITTER: [twitter]KunosStefano[/twitter]
AssettoCorsa - netKar PRO - Kunos Simulazioni

I currently support Linux/MacOSX/Windows 64bit only but might add more later especially Android. I'm not interested in spending money only to upload

to ios store.

My supported list:

• MacOSX
  • Windows Desktop
  • iOS
  • Android
  • Blackberry (QNX)*
  • Amazon Fire TV*

Future support list:

• Linux
  • Wii U
  • Windows Metro
  • Playstation Network

Since I write my own engine, I intentionally designed it to be highly portable. But since I didn't write everything from scratch, I use open sourced portable libraries to speed up development time and ensure maximum portability. At the expense of maintaining the engine myself, I am in complete control of my engine's portability.

(*) These are partially, but not fully supported. They're kinda "in limbo" atm.

Shogun.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement