Advertisement

Flappy Bird

Started by February 07, 2014 09:46 PM
51 comments, last by _mark_ 10 years, 7 months ago

Check this out, related to the fraud thing ( but with facebook not Apple )

[LINK] - Enjoy

This game looks like a clone of so many "avoid the wall" games I played in the early 1990's.

Played Flappy Bird for 3 minutes - became bored with it .

also this game is not for me, realization is suficcient but gameplay make me angry

Advertisement

Looking at the game today (after the second reset of it's reviews) there are 2613 1-star reviews (79% of all reviews), mostly for DRM rather than the actual game.
[...]
Crysis Warhead had an 84 metacritic from critics, but on Amazon it has 66% are 1-star reviews, almost exclusively because of SecuRom on the disk.

Those are much different from death threats targetted at individuals, however. And, they are kind of well-deserved as well.

I give 1-star ratings to products on Amazon too, if they contain obnoxious DRM or malware (such as some audio CDs do recently). It doesn't matter whether the game (or the music) is good, or maybe even the best in the world. What matters is the complete experience.

If I insert an audio CD which I've legitimately purchased using real, hard earned money (well, not that hard, but still) and what comes up is an installer for a so-called "enhanced experience" malware which tracks what CDs users listen, then that is a clear "WTF??!" and the CD gets the lowest rating possible.

To be honest this doesn't happen on my computer, but it would happen if I had autoplay active, as is probably the case with 80% of all legitimate customers. This "would happen" is bad enough, however. If a burglar tries to break into your house but can't force the door, that doesn't make the deed any less devious.

Or, those deliberately defective Sony audio CDs that wouldn't play in the car radio a decade or so ago. In the mean time, you use a micro-SD for that anyway, but back then it was enough of an annoyance. Paid 25-30 currency for a CD, legitimate disc, legitimate player, legitimate use, but doesn't work. Send in the broken disk, and get a replacement that is the exact same crap (because it's intentionally broken, as "copy protection").

At one occasion, I had the remedy disk sent back too the next day (without even trying), and kept playing this "game" until after the 5th or 6th time the retailer refunded me and kindly told me not come back. It is, however, the only way you can teach them. Unluckily it would take around 500,000 people doing such a thing before the music industry even notices.

Similarly, if a game comes with some kind of DRM that prevents me from making a functional backup copy of the optical medium or requires me to insert the medium every time I want to play, or requires a constant internet connection only for DRM (that is, not because the game would require it), this is a clear 1-star rating, even if the game would otherwise be 5-star.

also this game is not for me, realization is suficcient but gameplay make me angry
Really? If anything, I find this gameplay a fantastic idea.

Simplicity at its best. Tap on screen to go up. Nothing that even the most stupid person in the world could do wrong.

The whole game (or any cell phone games for that matter, heck... it's a phone... isn't anyone using a phone to do phone calls any more?) would not appeal to me, but the gameplay, as an idea, is awesome.

The reason for the game's success is simplicity and difficulty, which yields quotes such as the following:

There’s a fifteen year old competing for a gold medal in the Olympics but I just beat my high score in flappy bird so who’s the real winner here.
People who are good at flappy bird cannot be trusted

tumblr_n0rgjyCGIW1qb3e6ho1_500.gif
tumblr_n0sez0tmr61qzt7h7o1_1280.png
tumblr_n0shmvHySl1sq6t7vo1_500.jpg

"I would try to find halo source code by bungie best fps engine ever created, u see why call of duty loses speed due to its detail." -- GettingNifty

Simplicity at its best. Tap on screen to go up. Nothing that even the most stupid person in the world could do wrong.

The whole game (or any cell phone games for that matter, heck... it's a phone... isn't anyone using a phone to do phone calls any more?) would not appeal to me, but the gameplay, as an idea, is awesome.

by gameplay i more mean proces of playing in this, gets me angry

i tried abut 15 times in this (this www version) and my highscore is 3, tried to take 5 but i failed

this is primitive sport game i prefer exploring games

Advertisement

PS. How is your high score ;\ ?

Zero biggrin.png

Is it a fantastic idea though? It's a simple mechanics that has been done to death since arcade machines in 70s and has appeared on mobile devices in tens of iterations.

The gameplay is extremely simplified. Thats why its perfect. Everything also feels very polished.

Hi# 21 :D

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement