Advertisement

[Survey] Aspects of a good game...

Started by February 03, 2014 01:47 AM
3 comments, last by KaZZacH 10 years, 7 months ago

Hello community,

my friend and I are working on a game. Unfortunately, my computer broke down last week so I decided to use the time to build a little survey on my potato (I mean notebook).
It’s mostly about personal aspects of a good game.
It is 100% private and without any registration and it will take less then 5 minutes.
Here is the link:

www.kazzach.bplaced.net/survey
Please share and spread it as much as possible and thank you very much for your time :)

After enough people have participated, but probably after some weeks I will publish the overall statisitc of the outcome.

Kind regards

I filled out your survey, but not all of your options fit me very well, so I'm answering them below:

14) What is your main source of information about games?

Game development websites. Blogs from game developers.

15) What do you think about game prices?

It depends on the platform. I think $60 dollar games are too expensive. I wait for them to drop to $10-20 before buying them.

I also buy $20-30 games for the Nintendo 3DS.

I think $1 games are too cheap. I don't buy them - usually they are trash anyway.

I don't like most free-to-play games, mostly they lead to design decisions that lead to games that don't interest me. League of Legends is great though.

17) What do you think about the concept of DRM (digital rights management)?

It depends on how intrusive it is. I'm perfectly fine with all my Steam games that incorporate Valve's DRM system.

I'm also fine with CD keys (which is a form of DRM that has been around for decades now).
I'm fine with DRM on console discs, to make those discs slightly harder to pirate.

I also understand and acknowledge the reason that developers put in DRM. I don't think DRM is effective against piracy, but I do feel it is effective against casual copying.

I dislike when DRM is intrusive, or a nuisance, or installs extra junk on my PC.

I don't like always-on internet connections.

I don't mind MMORPGs, that are entirely server-client always-on intrusive nuisancey DRM of the worst kind, and don't mind playing MMOs despite that.

18) What do you think about the ocolus rift? Will this be the future of gaming?

The Oculus Rift is an interesting piece of hardware, but it is an idea that has been around for quite awhile (the idea is nothing new). It's nice that it's become cheap enough for consumers, and it's nice that Valve has building their own technology (competition is good) that seems to be even higher-quality, but that they are also backing the Oculus Rift and sharing that technology with the Oculus gentlemen.

Advertisement

Hello and thank you for participating.

17) What do you think about the concept of DRM (digital rights management)?

It depends on how intrusive it is. I'm perfectly fine with all my Steam games that incorporate Valve's DRM system.

I'm also fine with CD keys (which is a form of DRM that has been around for decades now).
I'm fine with DRM on console discs, to make those discs slightly harder to pirate.

I also understand and acknowledge the reason that developers put in DRM. I don't think DRM is effective against piracy, but I do feel it is effective against casual copying.

I dislike when DRM is intrusive, or a nuisance, or installs extra junk on my PC.

I don't like always-on internet connections.

Yes, I think I need to change that question a bit. Let me explain what I mean here.

CD keys are in my eyes actually an acceptable form of DRM. We all know they are not effective against piracy, but it has been proofen that neither are the other forms.

As you, I do know other people who accept and like the concept of steam. For me, I had bad experience not long ago actually.

It was after I installed a fresh copy of Win7 on my computer. I wanted to play some Skyrim, so I got my install DVDs because I still like to avoid as much digital copies of my games as possible. For the installation I already had to login into steam, so I tried, but after the new OS was installed, Steam thought that I was trying to login from a diffrent computer and asked me to verify my identity by pasting a code that was send to my email...

Snap...the e-mail I used for my old steam account was deleted. Now I was unable to play my completely offline game where I even had the DVDs for.

It took me over a week to restore my account, with a lot of mailing to the support and so on, really annoying.

I know this was kinda a poor management on my side not to update my email account properly, but on the other hand, I can't be arsed to think about that all the time, with multiple accounts (for instance I also play BF3).

This was just my bad experience with Steam. I do not think it is entirely bad, it has a lot of pros as well...

Ofc I think we don't need to start talking about the fails of Ubisoft and Sony in their DRM.

18) What do you think about the ocolus rift? Will this be the future of gaming?
The Oculus Rift is an interesting piece of hardware, but it is an idea that has been around for quite awhile (the idea is nothing new). It's nice that it's become cheap enough for consumers, and it's nice that Valve has building their own technology (competition is good) that seems to be even higher-quality, but that they are also backing the Oculus Rift and sharing that technology with the Oculus gentlemen.

Kept showing wrong result.
Single player, pc, realism (physics, graphics, characters, effects etc.), "'third person' open world (gta style)" and racing. (just all the awesome stuff in watchdogs minus the repetitive events and car handling), good replay value etc.
The YEI 3-space priovr suit looks really good and will work with blender.

UNREAL ENGINE 4:
Total LOC: ~3M Lines
Total Languages: ~32

--
GREAT QUOTES:
I can do ALL things through Christ - Jesus Christ
--
Logic will get you from A-Z, imagination gets you everywhere - Albert Einstein
--
The problems of the world cannot be solved by skeptics or cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities. - John F. Kennedy

Hello,

you can now view the results on

http://kazzach.bplaced.net/survey/result

Duo to my upcoming exams I don’t have time to make a cool statistic which shows the total results in percent etc.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement