Advertisement

Yeah, this site is a good find.

Started by January 27, 2014 05:05 PM
9 comments, last by cr88192 10 years, 7 months ago

I'm sure it took a while to build up this community, but this is an awesome site. I have been recommending it to anyone I run into that is either interested in programming or in making games.

Everyone seems very helpful and knowledgeable (I really like the helpful and knowledgeable part, haha).

I am, however, very simple minded, so I have to reconfigure everything I learn into my own baby language. I wish I had as much knowledge as even 5% of the people that come here regularly, then I would be able to teach programming to everyone in the easiest way to understand it.

All the knowledge is here, but I have yet to find a simplification of that knowledge for myself. Of course, there are so many posts to dig up though.

Just wanted type a quick thanks.

They call me the Tutorial Doctor.

What exactly are you hoping to get out of posting that? I realize that you are thanking everyone for being good citizens of these forums, but what kind of discussion are you trying to start?

Advertisement

What exactly are you hoping to get out of posting that? I realize that you are thanking everyone for being good citizens of these forums, but what kind of discussion are you trying to start?

GameDev is the Great Provider. All those who walk its hallow halls shall know enlightenment. OOP will be to your right hand as Lisp is to your right. As you walk onto the valley of the shadow of code, the power wielded by your mind will know no equal. Creation will bend at your will. Bugs shall bend the knee and pay homage. They shall find no unit test too high or no buffer overflow too low. We shall wirelessly connect with our brothers and sisters. Our keyboards and mice navigate the deep wells of the 'net and our USBs be the tools that wrought salvation. We are not soldiers of fortune, but warriors of a great revolution! Pay us not with the currency of faithless paper, but as did Caesar with the coin beholden by unbreakable construct of mathematics. Pray in the Temple of Neutrality. Read from the Book of Digitalality. Nourish your mind with algorithmic nectar and compilation ambrosia.

In short, he likes GameDev and so do I.

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Yes, gamedev is awesome
My CVMy money management app: ELFSHMy game about shooting triangles: Lazer of Death

GameDev is the Great Provider. All those who walk its hallow halls shall know enlightenment. OOP will be to your right hand as Lisp is to your right. As you walk onto the valley of the shadow of code, the power wielded by your mind will know no equal. Creation will bend at your will. Bugs shall bend the knee and pay homage. They shall find no unit test too high or no buffer overflow too low. We shall wirelessly connect with our brothers and sisters. Our keyboards and mice navigate the deep wells of the 'net and our USBs be the tools that wrought salvation. We are not soldiers of fortune, but warriors of a great revolution! Pay us not with the currency of faithless paper, but as did Caesar with the coin beholden by unbreakable construct of mathematics. Pray in the Temple of Neutrality. Read from the Book of Digitalality. Nourish your mind with algorithmic nectar and compilation ambrosia.

Why can't we upvote in the lounge? This is awesome.

It's the lounge. We don't have to truly have a discussion, he was sharing his appreciation.

Everyone seems very helpful and knowledgeable (I really like the helpful and knowledgeable part, haha).

I am, however, very simple minded, so I have to reconfigure everything I learn into my own baby language. I wish I had as much knowledge as even 5% of the people that come here regularly, then I would be able to teach programming to everyone in the easiest way to understand it.

gamdev topics are very interesting by its nature - thats one point,

the second is that many people here spend a years on that are

not stupid, often know what they saying, and has something to say, so it is valuable - thats second good point

Advertisement

I thought the very same thing. biggrin.png

I think the original intent was to not allow any down votes, so you could speak you mind. But I wish there were only upvotes. Some of my favorite responses are in the lounge. Don't let people down-vote you, but up-votes should be allowed.

I think, therefore I am. I think? - "George Carlin"
My Website: Indie Game Programming

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/indieprogram

My Book: http://amzn.com/1305076532

Imaginary +1

I think, therefore I am. I think? - "George Carlin"
My Website: Indie Game Programming

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/indieprogram

My Book: http://amzn.com/1305076532

Imaginary +1

Eh? Really? Imaginary? I thought I would get: Great Truth +1 or Unlocked New Job Class "Lounge Orator".

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement