Advertisement

what sparkled your interest recently ?

Started by January 26, 2014 07:57 PM
6 comments, last by Hodgman 10 years, 7 months ago

i would like to know what sparkled your interest recently , what thing?

(in programmong or side life you encounter the things that sparkles your

interest (then another and yet another) what it was recently?

Glitter bullet straight to the dome, man. Sparkles everywhere.

But personally, I work for a mapping company and it's sparked my interest in learning about all these obscure islands in the middle of nowhere that actually have kind of interesting histories, like Johnston Atoll.

-Mark the Artist

Digital Art and Technical Design
Developer Journal

Advertisement

I got my hands on a PS4 devkit, and get to contribute to a 'next gen' game soon biggrin.png

Cryptocurrencies. I'm taking an inside look at them by trying to write a GPU miner so I can get my hands dirty with OpenCL and such. I've been away from C++ for a while and I feel like I might be losing that skill. I am not allowing that to happen. By sure, I was already a bit outdated since my projects are all D3D9. Sadly, I don't expect to port them D3D11 any time soon, but I just cannot stand still anymore.

Previously "Krohm"

Programming

UNREAL ENGINE 4:
Total LOC: ~3M Lines
Total Languages: ~32

--
GREAT QUOTES:
I can do ALL things through Christ - Jesus Christ
--
Logic will get you from A-Z, imagination gets you everywhere - Albert Einstein
--
The problems of the world cannot be solved by skeptics or cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities. - John F. Kennedy

Java Persistence Api. Never used a persistence engine before, and it sounded like a nice thing (ie, no SQL, just objects).

So I learnt to set up Apache Derby as a network server (rather than an embedded one) inside a VM and I was trying to get EclipseLink set up (with Eclipse's wizards of course, I'm no fan of editing XML files and map things by myself).

"I AM ZE EMPRAH OPENGL 3.3 THE CORE, I DEMAND FROM THEE ZE SHADERZ AND MATRIXEZ"

My journals: dustArtemis ECS framework and Making a Terrain Generator

Advertisement

Wow Hodgeman, where do i get that ?

Does Sony still discriminate european indie developers ?

S T O P C R I M E !

Visual Pro 2005 C++ DX9 Cubase VST 3.70 Working on : LevelContainer class & LevelEditor

Wow Hodgman, where do i get that ?
Does Sony still discriminate European indie developers ?

You need to be working for a company that's licenced by Sony: https://www.companyregistration.playstation.com
I can't answer the second question, because 'still' implies that European indies have been discriminated against in the past, which I don't know anything about.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement