Advertisement

SOLVED Laptop fan stops working"Spinning" after windows xp boots up. Laptop overheats and fan still dosent turn on.

Started by December 04, 2013 10:58 PM
3 comments, last by BaneTrapper 10 years, 9 months ago

Hello.

I have a laptop asus aspire 5736zg that has a issue that i do not know how to fix.

The laptop fan stops working/spinning after windows loads/boots up and i dont know how to make it work.

The issue starts when the laptop cpu cores... gpu and other components are 60degrees celsius and red warrning signs start poping up, the fan sould turn on by now i think but it dosent.

After some time the laptop just shuts down (i am guessing the security so it dosent burn its hardware).

So my question is, what are the ways i make my fan work?

I tried downloading softwares for that but it few i tried didnt find a fan to manipulate or control.

Any suggestions or help would be appriciated!

Keep looking for software.

A long time ago I had to settle with keeping my current GPU fan on 40% of its max speed constantly because the automatic doesn't start before detecting 100 Celsius.

Good luck searching.

I've read about the idea guy. It's a serious misnomer. You really want to avoid the lazy team.

Advertisement

A long time ago I had to settle with keeping my current GPU fan on 40% of its max speed constantly because the automatic doesn't start before detecting 100 Celsius.

If you have a supported GPU you can use MSI Afterburner to use the fan settings to control its fan speed at any given temperature. That way you can ramp up and down to have it stay between two temperatures at load or at idle. I use that.

“If I understand the standard right it is legal and safe to do this but the resulting value could be anything.”

The fan is probably failing. i had a client's laptop do that also. I replaced the fan.

The fan is probably failing. i had a client's laptop do that also. I replaced the fan.

Oh that did work, thank you.
Other fan works properly, i am guessing its broken thx!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement