Advertisement

thou curator

Started by September 28, 2013 06:32 PM
3 comments, last by curator785 10 years, 11 months ago
Just out of curiosity, i was browsing the classifieds and came across an ad for a company called Thou Curator. Its a team of people that work on Indie gamesout of topeka Kansas. I went onto their website which only consisted of a front page as far as i could tell, i don't really know because i was using my phones browser :p.

Anyways i sent an email through their contract area of the page at 3 am. I got an email back about 4 am, which was my first red light. Unless the owner of a company is up that late, which i highly doubt. He asked me to go to a link and fill in more information. Also the return address was human@thrwebsite which i thought was weird, and they didn't show any games they've released on the site

I think itd be fun to work with a team on a game, but are opportunities like this too good to be true?

If you see a post from me, you can safely assume its C# and XNA :)

I can't tell you anything specific about that particular group, but I do have some general advice about looking for projects to join which should be applicable:

Be wary of teams who are working on multiple (especially unrelated) projects but don't have any previously released titles. This often indicates overly large, disorganised teams, and almost certainly means that the core leadership isn't giving any individual project their full focus. Unless they already have a proven track record, most successful teams concentrate all of their efforts onto a single product.

Be wary of teams who are happy to take absolutely anyone who meets some very basic minimum requirements. Again, this often leads to overly large and disorganised teams, often with a large number of un-skilled team-members who aren't very productive. Successful indie projects are normally made up of much smaller teams where each person contributes some specific skill or skills and there are no "extra" team members -- people are only brought on board to meet specific needs, and there's never an issue of "finding work" for someone. The exception to this is teams who have the specific goal of being "learning projects for beginners", but although these teams can provide their members with valuable experience they rarely succeed in any meaningful way.

- Jason Astle-Adams

Advertisement

Hello,

My name is James Fleming and I am the leader of the group Thou Curator. We are an indie development team that is focus on our game Century of War. Our one page site is just to say we exist for people that are interested in game development. We don’t focus a lot of time on the website as that would take away from our game development. I am sorry you think our group is not 100% dedicated to game development but we are hobbyist and trying to get our first title released. Right now our target release date at the earliest would be around August of next year. If you would like a tour of the website from a member side I would be happy to show you. We are extremely organized and focus on only one project.

Oh and if you got an email late at night in your time zone that is probably because we have member oversea as well as in the United States.

Game Producer,
James Fleming

http://www.thoucurator.com

Thou Curator : Indie Game Development Studio

The best thing to do before joining a team, is to ask a mad number of questions, and see if it fits you.

Anyways i sent an email through their contract area of the page at 3 am. I got an email back about 4 am, which was my first red light. Unless the owner of a company is up that late, which i highly doubt.

To each his own. I consider a fast response time a good thing.

We would be happy to answer any question you have please email them or skype them to me, my skypeid is cpurepair785. I would also agree I think a fast response is a good thing too, we try to get to everyone email team members and all in under 6hr to keep things moving.

Thou Curator : Indie Game Development Studio

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement