Advertisement

Does anybody remember?

Started by September 28, 2013 04:45 PM
0 comments, last by Krohm 10 years, 11 months ago

The computer science student who died in 2004 who was a regular poster and contributor to these forums? His mother had written to the Gamedev staff thanking them for supporting him and thanking all of the people here who considered them to be his friend. I believe it was Kevin who broke the news to the community that he was dead. His name was Doug Steele I believe? But I couldn't 100% remember his name or find anything on him on the internet anymore like I used to be able to so I thought I forgot what his name was. The topic was kept here as a tribute to him for many years but I cannot find that anymore either.

I talked to him on AOL years ago and here on GameDev (I don't remember my username from back then). He was the person who inspired me to choose Computer Science as my major and I was just looking for news on his death. If they ever found out how he died (I heard a rumor that he committed suicide) and maybe contribute to topics about him. I still think about him at least three or four times a year and still think about how tragic his death was and how much I miss talking to him. I really miss him and I considered him to be my friend.

I know he died in Janurary of that year but I don't remember exactly what day, and every post that Kevin has made since then has been purged which would make sense why the topic doesn't exist anymore and the Tribute topic was posted by a female mod but I cannot remember her name either.

Shane

I'm sorry I don't remember him, but considering what I was going through in that timeframe, I'm afraid I don't feel ashamed.

And, for as much as he has inspired you, think about letting him go, or at least remember its life, not its death. I'm not even sure what you want to do really and I'm writing those line exactly to honor his passion.

Previously "Krohm"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement