Advertisement

Group Discussion Site

Started by September 15, 2013 07:39 AM
8 comments, last by Migi0027 11 years ago

First of all, i had absolutely no idea where to post this topic.So, please don't vote negative. I have a group and currently we want to start developing a game. It would be easy if there is any private site for this type of discussion. I also prefer having a source code somehting similar to like that so i can upload it to my server and start it with my friends. Is there any source code available. I don't mind paying for the source codes :)

Some people like Trello, I have used it myself for some projects. It's a "cloud service" so you don't need to install anything to your own server. It's more geared toward project management than general discussion. They have both free and paid for options, maybe it is what you are looking for?

https://trello.com/tour
Advertisement

sounds like what you want is some sort of "virtual meeting" software. you might find something free out there. i wouldn't plunk down dollars for some though.

an artist i spoke with recently recommended skype for team communications.

Norm Barrows

Rockland Software Productions

"Building PC games since 1989"

rocklandsoftware.net

PLAY CAVEMAN NOW!

http://rocklandsoftware.net/beta.php

It would be easy if there is any private site for this type of discussion

Not entirely sure what you mean, do you mean an actual site where you can discuss, a forum you can install on your server or just a way to communicate?

I also prefer having a source code somehting similar to like that so i can upload it to my server and start it with my friends. Is there any source code available

Still unsure of what you are asking but if you are after a web source control, team foundation express is free and great for small teams, it sets up really nicely too

Have a look at github: https://github.com/

You can all share and collaborate on software through the site

Along the lines of github.com you have gitlab.com. Gitlab is basically the same but you have unlimited private repos.

*** Why'd you run away? ****** Don't you like my... style***
Advertisement

Thanks minus4th, I didn't know about gitlab.com. I wonder how they can afford to run their service for free if github charges for private repos.

Dont know gitlab, but for example on bitbucket they charge if more than x people want to access a private repo. I'm sure there are many possible pricing schemes for such sites.

Dont know gitlab, but for example on bitbucket they charge if more than x people want to access a private repo. I'm sure there are many possible pricing schemes for such sites.

Apparently gitlab offers:

• Unlimited repositories
  • Unlimited private collaborators
  • Unlimited disk space *
  • Completely free, no credit card required
  • Email Support
  • All the great GitLab functionality

* For performance reasons there is a soft limit of 1GB per repository

Apparently gitlab offers:

• Unlimited repositories
  • Unlimited private collaborators
  • Unlimited disk space *
  • Completely free, no credit card required
  • Email Support
  • All the great GitLab functionality

* For performance reasons there is a soft limit of 1GB per repository

That's like heaven! Why havn't I heard of this?

I'm not dead, right?

FastCall22: "I want to make the distinction that my laptop is a whore-box that connects to different network"

Blog about... stuff (GDNet, WordPress): www.gamedev.net/blog/1882-the-cuboid-zone/, cuboidzone.wordpress.com/

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement