Advertisement

Scientists hope disease-busting video game will go viral

Started by August 13, 2013 11:56 AM
5 comments, last by RLS0812 11 years, 1 month ago

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2013-08-13/scientists-hope-disease-busting-video-game-will-go-viral/

i think this is a brilliant idea and should be more games of the kind! what do you think?

Educational games are great. However, what I noticed from some educational games is that they are too realistic to call it a game. They wanted to make them as close to real life as possible, forgetting to insert game elements, thus creating a simulation not a game.

I hope they are doing it right.

Advertisement

Wait a moment, are they planning to use people playing a free facebook game as pattern matchers rather than a compute cluster? Seriously?

Wait a moment, are they planning to use people playing a free facebook game as pattern matchers rather than a compute cluster? Seriously?

That is part of the experiment. Can a suitably large mass of human minds produce results more reliably than a more hard wired computer simulation?

I've played it for a bit. Kind of an interesting little time waster.

Old Username: Talroth
If your signature on a web forum takes up more space than your average post, then you are doing things wrong.

Defiantly a time waster, not much of a game.

You attempt to make the best possible score on each line by moving and deleting colors. Some one ( who is better at algorithms than I am ) could easily program a macro to "play" much faster than a human could.

I cannot remember the books I've read any more than the meals I have eaten; even so, they have made me.

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Why work at all now that we can play to solve scientific problems?

“If I understand the standard right it is legal and safe to do this but the resulting value could be anything.”

Advertisement

we are not solving them we are helping to solve and for our own good , in this particular one to save main oxygen makers .

we are not solving them we are helping to solve and for our own good , in this particular one to save main oxygen makers .

Theatrically, grass produces more oxygen per acre, than trees do

I cannot remember the books I've read any more than the meals I have eaten; even so, they have made me.

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement