Advertisement

MolyJam

Started by July 11, 2013 08:49 PM
-1 comments, last by Drew Newman 11 years, 2 months ago

Hello all! I was wondering if anyone else had participated in this past weekend's Molyjam. Apparently there were around 50 other cities in the world participating in this three day jam. I went to the one in LA at Magic Pixel studios and was pretty much the only 2D animator there, so I got to mingle with a lot of people and work on two different projects.

If anyone's interested in seeing what people were able to do in just three days, the link bellow has alot of the games created. Not all have been uploaded yet, but there's still an overwhelming number there.

http://www.molyjam.com/games

It was a super fun and exhausting experience, and I got to meet a ton of programmers, a few artists, and a few company owners. I even got two job offers, so I guess it pays to be the only person with a particular skill present at these events. The industry professional to student ratio felt about 75 25 in favor of professionals too! Something I suppose I would expect in Los Angeles.

The lesson here is probably network network network. Don't go to a jam and work in a corner by yourself the whole time. Meet and mingle, see what other people are working on. SHARE ideas. Don't forget to eat something of actual nutritional value, drink lots of water.

Also, don't switch platforms in the middle of the jam. One of the projects I did a ton of animation for may not be uploaded any time soon -.-

So I survived my first jam and haven't died at work yet this week! Thought I'd post my experience and see if anyone else was jamming!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement