Advertisement

Are there any professionals out there who would be interested in doing an informational interview with a college student over email?

Started by April 23, 2012 12:06 AM
-1 comments, last by arwarner 12 years, 4 months ago
Hello! This is my first post here, and I wasn't exactly sure where to put it, so sorry if it's in the wrong place.

Anyway, I'm a freshman Computer Science major at the University of Georgia. One of my classes requires that I do research on a career path I am interested in, and one component of that research project is an informational interview with someone already in the field. SInce I don't personally know anyone who is in this field, and my university isn't exactly in a big town that attracts these sort of jobs, I don't really know where to look. I used this site a lot for my general research, and thought I might as well post here to see if there's anyone that can help.

I'm not picky about what specific type of role you play in the industry - I'm still figuring out what I might want to do, so an interview from any perspective of the industry would be helpful. Basically, my only criteria for the project is that video game development is your career - even if you're self employed, though, that should be fine.

If you're willing to help me out, please send me an email at arwarner@uga.edu. I have a list of about ten questions for you, and I'll need your contact information too (like your phone number, email address, name, place of employment and job title - just so my teacher knows that you're a real person and not someone that I just made up).

Thanks so much!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement