Advertisement

Dust 514 Team Recruitment

Started by April 19, 2012 02:05 PM
3 comments, last by JoeBoris 12 years, 4 months ago
If you haven't heard about this revolutionary game, it's gonna be really awesome. I haven't been this excited about a game for a long long time. I'll try to briefly summarize it. It's going to be a ps3 exclusive FPS MMO that is set in and connected to the Eve Online universe in real time. Eve Online players actually hire Dust players as mercenaries to fight for control of the planets in the Eve universe. Dust players use the money they earn from that to buy weapons and armor that were manufactured by Eve players with materials harvested in Eve. But the really cool part is that Eve players actually participate in the Dust battles in real time, by dropping both vehicles and air strikes on the ground below. Apparently you can actually hear the Eve players fighting in space above you in Dust.

So anyway, the beta is starting sometime this month and I think the official release is scheduled for sometime this summer. Needless to say, this is going to be a really hardcore game and I've been looking around for a team of people to play with when it comes out. It's going to be very team-based and tactical, and really exciting high-stakes style gameplay. So is there anyone on here planning on playing it who would like to team up and play together? Let me know

Also Dust 514 general
Just bumping with a few videos

Official Trailer:

Fanfest presentation:

-8:20 for character customization
-12:45 for the battle
-21:30 for realtime Eve-Dust interaction

Footage from the Fanfest tournament:
Advertisement
Damn, that seems pretty awesome, too bad it is PS3 exclusive (I havn't bought a Sony product knowingly (Their tentacles are everywhere so its hard to avoid entierly) since 2005 and i see no reason to change my policy in that area).
[size="1"]I don't suffer from insanity, I'm enjoying every minute of it.
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
Those videos are really professional and impressive.

Those videos are really professional and impressive.

Hopefully you're being sarcastic about the professionalism. They do seem really informal at CCP, which I think is a great attitude to have for a game studio

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement