Advertisement

Is it wrong that I look down on Joe Blow?

Started by February 20, 2012 04:07 PM
50 comments, last by Washu 12 years, 7 months ago
The school offers me no option to test out. Last semester I even had to take introduction to computers and also introduction to operating systems...[/quote]

Why not contribute to Android, Chrome or Firefox development? That would be a nice test.

For example, Android is currently being blasted for laggy scrolling, why not fix that? It'll get you a job at Google.

Firefox has issues with stuttering Flash, that's another thing to fix. It requires in-depth understanding of threading and kernel-related locks.

Python still suffers from GIL, why not help with that.

Microsoft released compiler-as-a-service, plenty of room to develop new compiler front-ends or static analysis tools.

[quote name='SteveDeFacto' timestamp='1329754054' post='4914833']
It's as if their brains are simply not wired for any type of critical thinking.

I find this amusing because, having seen posts of yours both in this forum and in the technical ones, I've found myself thinking the same thing about you.

Some of your questions have been beyond basic, things which I would sit and work my way though without troubling the forums with yet you have to.

So, congrats, you are a few steps higher up the ladder than those taking an introduction course... now about about instead of bitching about them (or starting one of another of your ultimately pointless and/or misguiding topics) you just get on with your life and try do do something with what little skills you have?
[/quote]

Give me an example of something that is so simple which I've asked recently? Most replies I've gotten on this forum have been from people who didn't understand the question and assumed it was something simpler than it was. In fact on my old account I can recall many times you specifically have done just that...
Advertisement
Because aptitude at programming stands out as the sole indicator of a person's intelligence or worth, am I right.

Jesus H, kid, get the hell over yourself already.

Give me an example of something that is so simple which I've asked recently?

So, you are admitting that there is some chance that at some point in the past there was a time when you too were an idiot who didn't understand or know something about programming? Possibly because you were new and inexperienced? Could also have been that you misunderstood something, or had a basic introduction from a poor source.

I'm sure there are fields that many of these people you are trying to look down on can soundly beat your ass. Or are you arrogant enough to think you're an expert in everything?

Anyone else get the feeling that SteveDeFacto's account has been high-jacked by someone conducting a psychology experiment?
Old Username: Talroth
If your signature on a web forum takes up more space than your average post, then you are doing things wrong.

The school offers me no option to test out. Last semester I even had to take introduction to computers and also introduction to operating systems...

Why not contribute to Android, Chrome or Firefox development? That would be a nice test.

For example, Android is currently being blasted for laggy scrolling, why not fix that? It'll get you a job at Google.

Firefox has issues with stuttering Flash, that's another thing to fix. It requires in-depth understanding of threading and kernel-related locks.

Python still suffers from GIL, why not help with that.

Microsoft released compiler-as-a-service, plenty of room to develop new compiler front-ends or static analysis tools.
[/quote]

What are you even suggesting? Drop out of school to work on open source projects? Besides the fact that I see that leading no where I have my own projects to work on.

Why would I do that? That will nev

Give me an example of something that is so simple which I've asked recently? Most replies I've gotten on this forum have been from people who didn't understand the question and assumed it was something simpler than it was. In fact on my old account I can recall many times you specifically have done just that...

Believe it or not you aren't so important that I can just recall examples, I do recall however looking at a few of your posts, laughing to myself at how simple it was and that you expected to be able to make a half decent engine and then going to look at something else.

However my point was nothing more than you appear to have an inflated opinion of yourself, which is shown both in this thread and others you've made where you seem to think that just because you know how to code a bit you are somehow 'better' than those around you who don't... newsflash; you aren't and to those who know more you aren't 'all that' either.
Advertisement

[quote name='SteveDeFacto' timestamp='1329757809' post='4914857']
Give me an example of something that is so simple which I've asked recently?

So, you are admitting that there is some chance that at some point in the past there was a time when you too were an idiot who didn't understand or know something about programming? Possibly because you were new and inexperienced? Could also have been that you misunderstood something, or had a basic introduction from a poor source.

I'm sure there are fields that many of these people you are trying to look down on can soundly beat your ass. Or are you arrogant enough to think you're an expert in everything?

Anyone else get the feeling that SteveDeFacto's account has been high-jacked by someone conducting a psychology experiment?
[/quote]

I understand that but I never had difficulty understanding if then statements. I think that was the first command I learned when I was 7...

Also the last statement about my account being high-jacked for a psychology experiment gave me good laugh. lol

[quote name='SteveDeFacto' timestamp='1329757809' post='4914857']

Believe it or not you aren't so important that I can just recall examples, I do recall however looking at a few of your posts, laughing to myself at how simple it was and that you expected to be able to make a half decent engine and then going to look at something else.

However my point was nothing more than you appear to have an inflated opinion of yourself, which is shown both in this thread and others you've made where you seem to think that just because you know how to code a bit you are somehow 'better' than those around you who don't... newsflash; you aren't and to those who know more you aren't 'all that' either.
[/quote]

It's not coding. Many of my non-coder friends I consider equals.
Judging from your posts you seem to be wired a little differently. If this is your real personality I suspect most of those "little people" don't have a very high reguard for you either. I mean you are getting down on people going to community college which is barely one step above high school. You haven't even begun to touch life yet, son. If/when you graduate real college life is going to kick you square in the balls and I wonder if you are going to be able to cope with that consisdering the rather strange view you have on most things.

It's not coding. Many of my non-coder friends I consider equals.

*shrugs* coding... technical skills... whatever, my point still stands and you seem to have this narrow world view that nothing else matters based on your posting history here (example; a country made only of high tech savy people where those who are needed to do other jobs are nothing but a defacto underclass or simply imported to do the work with no say in the country. Yeah, I remembered that one because it was a stupid idea.).

And now you turn up because people who want to learn something new, for whatever reason, aren't apprently grasping it as fast as you (aside; I could program basically at 5, I took 7 years out before starting again, within 3 years I could program in 68000 assembler, by your age I knew 3 or 4 languages) and that somehow this makes you sooooo much better than them and instead of trying to help them decide to mock them instead.

Not everyone gets everything, there is no shame in that, and the sooner you grow up, stop seeing the world in black and white and realise that you are hardly above average yourself the better.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement