Advertisement

Need a new name...

Started by November 18, 2011 11:52 AM
38 comments, last by Tom Sloper 10 years, 10 months ago
Cheese Bread Studios

guess what i'm eating right now..
If that's not the help you're after then you're going to have to explain the problem better than what you have. - joanusdmentia

My Page davepermen.net | My Music on Bandcamp and on Soundcloud

Cheese Bread Studios

guess what i'm eating right now..

Studios?
[size=2][ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]
Advertisement
Exactly :)
If that's not the help you're after then you're going to have to explain the problem better than what you have. - joanusdmentia

My Page davepermen.net | My Music on Bandcamp and on Soundcloud

TBA Studios
Bedroom Soft
No Budget Studios
No Name No Game Studios
Vaporware Studios
Uranus Soft
Spaghetti Soft
Don't use "studios" unless you command more than one studio; otherwise, it's dishonest.
"I will personally burn everything I've made to the fucking ground if I think I can catch them in the flames."
~ Gabe
"I don't mean to rush you but you are keeping two civilizations waiting!"
~ Cavil, BSG.
"If it's really important to you that other people follow your True Brace Style, it just indicates you're inexperienced. Go find something productive to do."
[size=2]~ Bregma

"Well, you're not alone.

There's a club for people like that. It's called Everybody and we meet at the bar[size=2]."

[size=2]~ [size=1]Antheus

TBA Studios

Uh no, that is not a good name :)

Incidentally, the generator gave me [color=#333333][font=Georgia,]Lost Signal Studio[/font], which is actually half decent. Instead of studio I'd go with Enterprises or simply Lost Signal, though. It's SEO-friendly and IMO lends well to logo design. Developing from a different one the generator spewed out to me, I'd personally also consider Progression Enterprises - it has a powerful sound to it and a very forward (while slightly ambivalent) meaning.

One of the best studio names I can think of is actually Dreamworks (especially their logo). Next in line is probably Epic and then United Artists, followed by Valve.

If anything, I'd consider these as examples of short to-the-point names.
Advertisement
My opinion: don't put "studio(s)" at the end of the name. Chances are, you don't have a studio (or multiple). I say embrace the small nature of your company/organization/whatever it is you want to call it.
[size=2][ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]

Don't use "studios" unless you command more than one studio; otherwise, it's dishonest.

Odd, it never occurred to me that "<name> Studios" is more than one studio.

Matter of fact, when I hear "Studio" what comes to mind is not a huge office complex, but a artist's studio, which is usually just one or two rooms set aside for art in an average person's home. More frequently, I think "studio apartment".

A studio seem indie to me. Studios seem 'small' like the solo painter of times past, or the workshop of a crafter and his apprentice.

Calling a one man shop a 'studio' doesn't seem dishonest to me, but maybe I'm just too immersed in old-fashion studios (Where a 'studio' is an artist's equivalent of a 'study').
Calling it 'studios' doesn't seem dishonest either, in my opinion. The word 'studios' seems oddly fitting even if it's a singular location, though I don't know why - I can't immediately lay a mental hand upon a similar 'singular plural'

Calling it "Enterprise" or "Corporation" or something like that, would seem deceptive to me, but maybe not to others.
I had the impression that dishonesty is a widely accepted standard in the business world anyway...

Matter of fact, when I hear "Studio" what comes to mind is not a huge office complex, but a artist's studio, which is usually just one or two rooms set aside for art in an average person's home. More frequently, I think "studio apartment".

If someone's got a dedicated "studio" (could just be a room), then I don't really see a problem with it. I think a lot of us don't have any kind of a dedicated work space for creating games though. I might use this room and computer to make games, but that's certainly not their completely dedicated purpose (would be cool if it was, but it's not).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement