Advertisement

TalkTalk and Xbox live

Started by November 08, 2011 01:34 AM
0 comments, last by gavco98 12 years, 10 months ago
I've been having problems with Xbox live for the past few months and I think it's something to do with my ISP. I just purchased Resident Evil 4 (HD) and I can't even download it because every time I sign on to Xbox live it cuts off the entire internet for both the Xbox and PC. When I check the ADSL status on the router right after I log on its fine but there is no internet at all. It's only after a short while that the router re-establishes a new connection and then the internet stars working again.

I don't know if this is a problem with Xbox live or TalkTalk but my guess is the latter. I've phoned 4 times and they say pretty much the same thing (literally: turn it on and off again) and also tried their support forums but it won't let me sign in to start a new thread (even though I'm already signed in!). But I've heard their service is pretty shit and people have been having problems with this for the past nine months. I don't know whether to switch ISP's or if this will make any difference.

Any advice?
It could also be an issue with your router. Try borrowing a friends router, and see if that resolves the issue.

I have seen similar problems quite a few times where internet access will drop then re-establish moments later. In every case it has been the router at fault.
Gavin Coates
[size="1"]IT Engineer / Web Developer / Aviation Consultant
[size="1"][ Taxiway Alpha ] [ Personal Home Page ]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement