🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Source Code for simple games

Started by
1 comment, last by catfoodgood 22 years, 9 months ago
This may be a rather silly question, but bear in mind that I am relatively new to Linux and programming (about 4 months on each.) Where do I find the source code for the X-Windows based games on my system (assuming it was loaded with the install.) I am interested in following the basic outline that was set forth in the "How do I make a game tutorial" of starting with Tetris and Breakout clones, but I would like to have something to compare my work to as I go.
Advertisement
For one thing, it depends on whether you installed the source for each project. If you did, look in the installation directory (read the README.* files) for that information. If you still can''t find it:
prompt> find / -n filename.ext -p(e.g ''find / -n greversi.* -p'') 
if your using a distro, source code usually isnt included on the main cd''s except the kernel. if the games come with X itself they would be in the source you get from www.xffree86.org.
If not, check out freshmeat.net and see if you can find where the games source is hosted.

saai

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement